Used To Be

Karl and I hugged tightly.

"So how are you?" he said happily.

"I am doing um...good"

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Good?" He asked.

"It's about Dream and George" I said as I sighed.

"Well lets get some ice cream and we can talk about it" He said as he smiled.

We walked to an ice cream shop. He ordered a cone and I ordered a cup. We sat down at a corner table.

"Now spill" He said as he licked his cone.

"I want things how they used to be. When it was me and Dream. I feel left out in my own friendship. I live with then and I am just always there" I said frustrated.

"Well Sap, they are in a relationship" (Karl)

"Yeah I know but it just fucking hurts because I always end up third wheeling. It gets annoying. I just want to hang out as friends and it just ends up turning into a date for them and me being bored out my mind and doing my own thing"

Karl listened.

"It was a dream come true when George moved in but now, I just wish he would go back" I hesitated.

Karl was stunned.

"Sap.." He whispered.

"I know it's wrong but I am so fucking miserable"

"Why don't you talk to them about it" He asked.

"It feels like I am being selfish, like you said... they are in a relationship" I sighed.

"Hey, cheer up" He said as he smiled.

"I don't like you being sad" He said as he offered me a lick of his cone.

I smiled.

Time Skip

"How long will you be here?" Karl asked.

"Maybe a bit after new years? How about you" I asked.

"Same" (Karl)

"You should come with us, to Florida. You would balance it out"

"I would but Jimmy wants to film some content" He said as he sighed.

"It's fine"

"We will have the whole gang here though" Karl said as he smiled.

"Yeah" I said as I chuckled.

We walked on the side walk. I felt his hand brush against mine. I felt a rush over my body.

I heard him softly giggle.

"So what now?" I asked.

"Well what do you want to do?" He said as he held my hand.

My phone began to ring. It was Dream. I sighed and answered it.

"Yeah?"

"Where are you?"

"I left"

"When? Why?"

"Dude I was been gone for at least an hour and a half now. And you JUST noticed" I said annoyed.

"I thought-"

"Just go talk with George or something" I said as I scoffed.

"Nick-"

I hung up.

He called me again. I declined.

"Don't you think you are coming off harsh?" (Karl)

"He JUST noticed I was gone. We were all having a conversation and then George talked so they both didn't include me, they didn't acknowledge me. So I just left after you texted"

He frowned. He let go of my hand and hugged me tightly.

"You poor thing" He said upset.

I chuckled.

"Sounds like you are talking to a dog" I said as I softly chuckled.

He let go and giggled.

My phone rang again. I looked at the caller id. It was Wilbur. I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey don't mean to bother you but are you going to be home for dinner? I need to know so I can know how much food to order"

"Uh yeah pretty sure, what time is dinner?"

"I am going to order it in an hour or so? I need to pick it up so I will pick you up once I have the food. That good?"

"Yeah, are you home right now?"

"No"

"Oh?"

"Just feels weird to be there"

"Wilbur...it's YOUR house"

"I know but George and Dream are doing couple things and I am just there. So I ended up leaving after 20 mins"

"Where are you right now?"

"Just going to stores and browsing"

I looked over at Karl and gave him a confused look. He shrugged.

"Actually, you can pick me up right now. I'm with Karl so maybe he can tag along with us?"

"Sure"

"Alright, and then we pick up some food and go back to your house and chill"

"Sounds like a plan"

Time Skip

I set the food down on the counter. Karl was just sticking to me.

"He's coming" Karl whispered.

I quickly walked over to the sink and washed my hands.

"Nick?" Dream said as he came up to me.

"Sap, help me set the food on the table" (Karl)

"Coming" I said as I dried my hands off.

I helped Karl set the table and placed the food. Wilbur sat down at the end of the table. I sat down next to Karl.

Dream across from me. He stared at me. I pretended not to notice. Maybe I was taking this too far.

George sat next to him. Him and Karl were talking. Soon it was dead silent.

After we finished eating, Karl and I cleaned up and were on the couch. We were talking. Just random shit but it was still fun. Dream walked over to me.

"Nick, please" He said in an upset tone.

Karl nudged me.

"What?" I said annoyed.

"Can we talk, outside?" (Dream)

I sighed and stood up.

We walked out the door and stood there. I shut the door.

"Are you mad?" (Dream)

"No shit sherlock"

"Why?" (Dream)

"Because I am tired of this Clay. All of it. I just want everything to go back to how it was. You have to remember that I live with you too. It feels like everyday I am just a side character in your story. I am only there when you are angry at each other. It hurts. I have feelings too you know. Every time we hang out it turns into a date for you. I just end up in the shadows"

He stared at me. He looked disappointed.

"If I am being completely honest, I am thinking of moving out" I said as I sighed.