|50|

Three Weeks Later

Megan POV

I bobbed my head as my speaker blasted music while I freestyled in the shower. Ever since working on Fever, I realized that I come up with a lot of my songs while showering.

I took a small step forward, letting the shower head pour down against my body to wash the the soap suds sitting on my skin, off.

"My motherfucking body, my choice.." I mumbled, nodding my head. "...ain't no lil dick taking my voice." I smiled, completing the bar as I freestyled off the top. With everything that I've gone through, from people talking about my body, from the shooting and Tory trying to take my voice by lying and spinning stories, even to politics and abortion laws happening all across the U.S, there were so many meanings to this one bar I spit.

I cracked open the shower door and reached over to the sink counter that was thankfully close to the shower. I tapped my wet fingers along my iPhone as the beat continued to blast throughout the bathroom. My notes app already being pulled up for reasons such as this, I quickly typed what I just came up with, so I could build on the song and finish it when I get out the shower.

I went back to washing my body and spitting lyrics, trying to think more about the song and build on the bar I just created.

When I was finally done washing myself and rinsing off, I wrapped my body in the hotel towel and grabbed my phone, typing more of the song I came up with while finishing my shower. Stopping the music on my phone, I grabbed my speaker and went into the presidential suite I was staying in.

I'm currently in Miami to record some songs for my sixth project, an album, I plan on releasing next summer, while still getting in some rehearsals before I have to fly back to LA for my kid's graduation.

After getting dressed while still coming up with verses and ideas for some songs, I texted Farris that I was ready to go, so he could notify my immediate team who came here with me.

Soon, we all left the hotel and packed into a black Suburban to take us to the infamous Criteria Studios in North Miami where Aretha Franklin, AC/DC, and Lil Wayne have recorded in.

Arriving at the studio, Farris escorted me to the particular studio reserved for me while the rest of my team followed behind us. Entering the studio, I saw Shawn Jarrett, who everyone knows as 'Source', my engineer, sitting at the massive soundboard and Murda Beatz. We all greeted them while the rest of my team and Farris went over to lounge on the couches and to listen in on what I planned on recording.

"Murda gotta beat for ya, sis." Source said.

I looked over at Murda Beatz, extremely excited. "Alright, y'all play it, you know I've been working on some more songs. I just wrote one this morning in the shower before we came here." I laughed.

"Bet." He nodded, messing with some consoles. Soon enough, Murda's beat with bold piano notes and bouncing bass blasted and shook through the studio. I started jumping up and down, screaming. I was going to use this beat for the song I wrote in the shower, which I managed to finish and name Gift and Curse.

I let the entire beat play through and told Source and Murda that I had the perfect song that would compliment the beat. In minutes, Source and Murda prepared themselves to start the recording and I went into the booth, ready to destroy this track.