|40|

Three Weeks Later

Beyoncé POV

I stared at Egypt as she looked down, messing with her hands nervously as she sat on the edge of my bed. Trying to get Egypt to talk about the incident she endured has been hell. I know the rape has deeply affected her and I'm scared she's going to end up spiraling out of control. She's been through a lot in the last few months or so, but she's not really reacting and she's acting as if she hasn't gone through these traumatic situations. All she does is stay silent. She goes on about her days, staying quiet and I'm scared one day I'm going to find her passed out from overdosing on her depressants or worse.

"Talk to me Egypt, please tell me something baby." I practically begged her. I want the man who did this to her to pay. I'm not going to personally get my hands dirty, but I'm going to make sure he is dealt with.

She sat quiet, fidgeting with her fingers even more. Sighing, I rubbed my right hand up and down her back for comfort. "I just want you to be safe Egypt. I don't want that animal who did this to you to be walking the streets. If he did this to you, he'll most likely do it to other girl's."

For the first time in the conversation, she looked up at me as if she wanted to say something. I noticed her lips part slightly, but nothing came out. Her eyes watered and I sighed deeply.

"Please Egypt, just tell me a name. If you tell me, you won't have to be scared anymore." I assured her.

She shook her head subtly and I noticed her shaking a little bit. "It's okay baby, just...just go take your medicine, okay? Go relax."

She stood up quickly and rushed out of my room, making me close my eyes and rub my forehead. Someone has got to know something.

Thinking for a few minutes, I decided to go talk to Cadence, since she was at school with Egypt before what happened, happened. Even though she refused to tell us anything before out of respect for Egypt, she needs to see now how Egypt is being affected by this.

I stood up and walked to my room doors, leaving out and going to Cadence's room. When I approached her room, I knocked on the door and waited for her to answer. After about thirty seconds, she opened the door and I smiled.

"I need to talk to you about something." I spoke.

"Okay, come in ma." She stepped out of her doorway to let me into her room and shut the door behind me. Once we both got comfortable on her mini couch that matched with the theme of her room, I looked at her and sighed.

"I need you to be honest Cece. I'm going to ask you a few questions and tell me the truth. Your sister is really going through it and I need to know what happened. Egypt isn't opening her mouth and I know you know." I pointed at her.

"But mama, I promised Egypt I wouldn't say anything. She thinks you'll be mad at her."

"Why would I be mad at her?" I frowned. "Mad about what?"

She sighed and stayed quiet.

"Emory, tell me what I need to know. I can't keep seeing Egypt like this. If I handle whoever did this, she won't need to worry and she can get better, but that asshole is still on the loose and can pop up on her at any time. Help me protect your sister and other potential victims." I explained.

"Devin. We all met him in Fiji for Zari's birthday." She spoke. "Zari should know his last name and other details, they're friends. Devin ran into us at a 7-11 not too long ago and the day when all that happened, he approached Egypt at school to talk to her. Egypt made it clear she couldn't mess with him on that level, because of Zari and didn't want to betray her, so she insisted to Devin that they could only be friends and he seemed cool about it. Then he asked her to chill in his car and she left to go with him and..."