|21|

Egypt POV

Sitting in the passenger seat of Christian's all Black Dodge Charger, I explained to him why I was upset and how my family is moving to LA.

"Look E, you know I want you to stay here. You know I want you with me, but it seems like you ain't got a choice, babe. I know you're mad, but you only got one more year of school, it'll go by quick." He reasoned as he drove us to his trap house.

"I know, Christian, but if I only have a year left I don't understand why I can't just stay here. I can get a small apartment or even stay with you until I graduate." I explained.

"I know, baby, but I'm sure your parents don't want that. They're very family oriented and honestly, I don't want you to get too deep into my lifestyle. Coming over sometimes to spend the night is cool, but to live here? I don't think so. I would lose it if something happened to you while you were with me, you know?"

I huffed out a breath and sulked in the seat. I'm going to be a senior once the school year starts in September, which is less than a month away, I don't understand why we all have to relocate.

"Your parents love you, Egypt. I can't say I disagree. Even though you grown, you still need parental supervision and I can't give you what they can. Life lessons, and shit like that. I can always fly out to you, E. You know that's not a problem." He spoke, rubbing my left cheek.

"I know." I whispered.

"Cheer up, E. I don't like to see you sad. Everything is gonna work out, watch. Then once you graduate, you can come back here and maybe we can get a place together in a high class area, maybe settle in another city, like Dallas or Austin, where I can laylow. I gotta lot of heat on me right now and you don't need to be living like that. This isn't a lifestyle for you, you're too precious."

"I get that, Christian. I'm just mad and I don't want to leave. I'm comfortable here and I don't want to relocate."

"That's understandable, E. But in the end, just do what your parents need you to do. I'm sure it's the best decision right now."

He turned onto his street and I became a little anxious. I don't know if I want tonight to be the night, but the thought sure has been in the back of my mind since he picked me up. Christian is a really good dude, despite what he does. I really love him and he will do anything to protect me.

At first, I thought he was a player, but Christian is the complete opposite. He's hard in the streets, but so soft with me. I baby his ass and vice versa. He always makes sure I'm happy and I haven't had any complaints about him. He doesn't cheat on me, no wandering eyes when we go out, he doesn't beat me, he doesn't disrespect me or curse me out. I don't know. He seems too good to be true, which is why I've been so cautious, but I honestly can't find a bad thing about him. If we're moving, I feel like I should show him how much I care and give him something to remember me by to keep his mind focused on me while I'm away.

He pulled up in front of his trap house and reached in the back for my overnight bag.

"I got it baby."

"Nah, I got it. You not gonna hold a bag when my hands are empty. Go on and get out." He smiled at me in the darkness.

He's definitely making me confused about what I should do. I want to go there with him, but at the same time, I don't feel like it's the perfect moment. I want to know for sure I'm ready to lose my virginity.

Getting out of the car, I started walking up to the front door of the trap house when I heard gunshots.

"EGYPT GET DOWN! LAY DOWN!" I heard him yell as he circled the front of his car, trying to duck. Covering my ears because of the noise, I watched as he dropped my bag and struggled to try to pull out his gun.