|32|

One Month Later

Egypt POV

I told the driver to pull over at the gas station on the right hand side of the street, so I could get me a Brisk tea and some snacks.

"C'mon E, why you always gotta do unnecessary stops? Taking detours and shit when we're supposed to stick to our route to get home." Cadence complained.

"Girl, you just wanna hurry up and pop yo pussy for Paris. You can wait five minutes for me to run in the store and get some snacks." I argued.

She sucked her teeth and stayed quiet, because she knew I was right. It's not like imma take a whole hour, she'll still be able to FaceTime Paris and get freaky with her, so I don't know why she's trippin'.

"I can't wait to get my own car, so I don't have to be chauffeured around witchu." She said.

"Whateva." I waved her off as the driver pulled into the gas station and parked in a parking space right in front of the store.

Since Cece and I still don't have cars yet, my parents want us chauffeured around now that Azaria is away at college and can't give us rides. The twins were supposed to be with us, but they joined the dance team at school and had practice today, so they now have their own personal chauffeur, who will pick them up later.

"See, look at this shit, E. All these niggas hanging by the door, you know they gonna hit on us. That's why I don't like coming to this area, but you wanted to go shopping over here and now we in the hood." Cadence ranted.

"Relax sissy. You know they don't have 7-11s in our bougie ass area anyway. You coming with me?" I asked, opening the car door.

She sucked her teeth. "Yeah, cause I know some shit is gonna happen if I don't, let's go." She said, opening up her door on the left hand side.

When we both got out the car, all the dudes hanging by the entrance of the store looked at us and started acting like dogs in heat. I slipped on my Gucci sunglasses as Cece came up next to me and walked beside me as we walked to the entrance of the store.

"Aye, lemme get that for y'all." Some grungy looking dude said with a blunt hanging from his lips as he opened the door for Cece and I.

"Thank you." I said as we stepped inside the store.

"No, thank y'all mama's for having you, gahdamn." I heard him say as the door closed behind us, making me laugh.

"See, E? Hurry up and get your shit." Cadence scorned me.

I laughed at how uptight she was being. All she has to do is ignore them like I do. Of course I'm polite when I need to be, but other than that, I ignore men like that.

"Relax Cece, they gonna look all day long, as long as they don't touch, don't worry about it." I spoke, heading to the back where the cold drinks were.

Going down one of the candy aisles, some tall ass dude was walking down the aisle too. I moved a little over to the right and walked past him.

"Damn." I heard him mumble lowly.

I slowed my walking pace and looked back at him as I seen him staring at me. Grabbing my sunglasses, I pulled them down an inch or two to look at him and upped an eyebrow.

He didn't say anything, which made me smirk and he cleared his throat, heading to the register. "Exactly what I thought." I mumbled, going to the refrigerators.

Grabbing a peach Brisk tea, I turned around and headed back down the same aisle and picked up a KitKat and a package of sour Skittles before I got in line at the register.