|30|

Studio Session

King POV

I sat at the soundboard, watching Latto kill one of my beats in the booth. She was finally able to link with me after all this time, due to her schedule and traveling all over; and with Lauren having my daughter and Jaden getting shot, my life has been hectic and we haven't had the time. But everything has worked out and I'm here now and ready to work all day and night if need be.

"This a new body ion gotta lie 'bout my shit
Red bone, red beam, when I shoot I don't miss
And my nigga, he a steppa, he gon' die 'bout his bitch." She rapped with aggression and I nodded my head, turning up the beat and making the track come to life with the frequency and protools on the soundboard.

I recorded all of Latto's part with some help from another engineer, who was already in the studio when I got here. Once Latto finished recording her verses, I then went back and captured Nardo Wick's verse for the song.

When everything was recorded and there was a break in between going to the next track, I checked my phone and seen all the pictures my mother sent me that she took with Kari. That girl is spoiled already.

I decided to call my mother to check on her and Kari and see how she was doing with her.

"Hello. Ain't you supposed to be in the studio?" My mother asked me.

"I am. I just finished recording a track, another engineer is editing the feature in, then we're gonna move to the next track." I explained. "How is she? I see you playing dress up."

"I sure am, and she's good. She's been pretty quiet today. We're having fun."

I chuckled. "I bet. Thank you again for watching her."

"Of course, now get back to your session. Call me later."

"Aight, bye." I said and ended the call.

I slipped my phone into the pocket of my joggers and raised up my head to see Latto staring at me in my peripheral.

"Wassup? You killed that shit in there." I smiled back at her, clapping for her.

"Thank you, thank you." She smiled. "Everything good?"

"Yeah, why?" I asked, slightly twirling in the chair at the soundboard to face her.

"I just see you've been on your phone a lot. You seem a lil distracted. Everything cool? Your girl blowing you up or somethin'?" She chuckled.

"Oh nahhh." I laughed. "I ain't gotta girl. That was my mother, she's watching my daughter." I revealed to her.

"Daughter?" She questioned. "You have a kid?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "She's only a couple of weeks."

"Awww." She said placing a hand over her heart. "Lemme see her."

I chuckled and went into my pocket for my phone and went to my recent photos. I held out my phone for her, showing her a picture of Kari.

"You can swipe left or right. My album is filled with her already."

"Awww." She cooed. "She is so cuteeee." She gushed, swiping on my screen.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Look at King in daddy mode. Y'all are so adorable. I already know she's gonna be a Daddy's Girl." She laughed.

"And is already. And my parents are already spoiling her. Buying shit she don't even need." I laughed, shaking my head, thinking about all the toys and swings we have for Kari that she hasn't even used yet.