|41|

A Few Days Later

Beyoncé POV

"I haven't seen a change in her, but it's still early on." I said to Megan over the phone. She was on a quick break on the set for her Harper's Bazaar magazine photoshoot and interview.

She called me to check up on the kids, especially Londyn, since I told her how Londyn reacted when I accused her and Skylar of stealing from me, after everything that happened that day.

"I just hope our therapist can really get her together. She just be going off over nothing now. She's so angry."

"I know." I agreed. "But it's a chemical imbalance and she has to work through it with the therapist and we have to find ways to calm her down or approach her a certain way, so she doesn't freak out even more." I explained as I had my eyes glued to my TV, watching the news.

Megan started to say something else, but I partially tuned her out as I saw a particular headline going across the bottom of my television screen.

A promising potential First Draft Pick for the NBA, Devin Dillard, was found in his hotel room by a housekeeper. She said she found him unresponsive and called 911. He is in critical condition at Cedars-Sinai Hospital. More updates coming later on

I smiled brightly, knowing that Jay's goons handled that situation perfectly. Now Egypt can somewhat move on and not worry about that asshole. Whether he lives or dies, he won't be able to get near Egypt again and his basketball career is ruined, which is exactly what he deserves.

"Megan." I spoke, cutting her off.

"Yeah? Did you hear anything I just said?" She asked me.

"A little bit, but I zoned out. That boy Devin who raped Egypt is in the hospital in critical condition." I told her.

"Jay really got them people on lock." She laughed. "I'm happy, hopefully Egypt can get better now knowing Mr. Devin will no longer be a problem and can't do what he did to her again."

"Honestly." I chimed in.

Megan and I talked for a few more minutes before she had to go back and complete her photoshoot. I decided to go downstairs to my office to work on Ivy Park and look over some upcoming business deals I had.

Maybe things are starting to look up. Megan and I are working things out in counseling, we found out the issue with Londyn and we're getting her the proper help, King and Egypt are doing well with being parents and focusing on school, Azaria is doing well at Spelman, Jaden is doing better after his arm and chest injuries from the shooting, Egypt can now be comfortable and not have to worry about Devin and Cece and Sky are doing good, despite me having to beat Sky's ass for stealing.

I feel like we're finally moving past this long drama filled period in our lives and we're moving towards a drama free and happiness chapter in our lives.

Cadence POV

I sat at my desk in my room, doing my Physics homework, when my phone buzzed back to back against my desk. I put my pencil down and grabbed my phone, checking my notifications. I seen several texts from Egypt and I unlocked my phone to see what she was talking about.

When I went to my messages, I seen that she wasn't texting in one of our group chats, but she was personally texting me in our thread. It was unusual, so whatever she was talking about had to be serious. I clicked on the thread and scanned over her messages.

E🇪🇬

Please come to my room

It's an emergency! 🚨