|14|

One Week Later

Studio

Beyoncé POV

I eyed August hungrily as he stood in front of me at the soundboard.

The man is fine as hell, but sadly, this studio session was strictly business

The man is fine as hell, but sadly, this studio session was strictly business. He reached out to my team to see if he could get some of my input on a song he's working on and even asked if I could lay some background vocals. Of course, I'm very picky and choosy with who I work with, but I decided to give him a chance. He has talent and a great voice, but first I wanted to hear the song before I attach my name and vocals to it. So for the last few hours, we've been restructuring the song and scrapping what he originally had, thanks to me. It was basically me rewriting the song, changing the verses he had, restructuring the bridge, as well as adding ad-libs for my potential background vocals.

We've been subtly flirting this entire session, mainly coming from him. But me blushing and being sassy, hasn't helped the situation at all. Honestly, I appreciate the new found attention and obvious want from someone other than Megan, then yet, I'm nervous. I'm very private, and August is known to have loose lips, especially with him spilling all that tea with that whole Jada situation. He's still fucking her, I believe. And I don't want to get caught up in no messy shit, especially with Jay and Will Smith being such good friends.

But entertaining his flirting couldn't do too much harm. As long as I'm not fucking him, I should be okay. I just need to get my mind off of Megan. After that Vegas trip for Jaden's boxing match, I've officially decided to call it quits with Megan. I don't want to go back and forth with her and I've completely stopped fucking her. I'm moving on, whether she likes it or not. I deserve to be with someone who knows my worth. She's been through a lot, which is understandable, but after all the nasty and sexual things she said to me in Vegas, telling me how much she still loves me and appreciates me being there for her after being shot, she still can't make a solid decision if she wants us to work on our relationship and halt the divorce.

Since she couldn't figure it out, I made the decision for her. Though anyone isn't on my radar and I'm not entertaining anyone, if Megan isn't talking to me about our children or her career, I shut it down and don't want to hear it.

"Aight, so I'll hit you soon, so we can schedule anotha' session tah work on dis song." His thick New Orleans accent sounded throughout the studio and I smiled up at him, nodding.

"Yes." I nodded. "Of course." I smiled.

"So you like me forreal? I can see you again to do this song? I know how people in the industry be. Just sayin' shit that sound good." He chuckled, rubbing his goatee. "If you don't want to link up again to do dis song, jus say dat nie."

I laughed. "No, honestly, I would love to work with you again. You're cool and very polite, I like that." I smirked. "It was a good session, my people will definitely stay in contact with you, so we can do this again."