|28|

King POV

I held Kari in my arms as she slept and held my phone up to my ear, waiting for my mama to answer. It was around midnight, but I know she was up and probably just left the studio, even though it was three in the morning in New York.

"Ma, you reminded her about this meeting right?" I asked my mother who was on the other line.

I was trying to have a three-way phone conference with the both of them, since my Dad told me about the plan they had for Lauren, but I wasn't feeling that. Since Lauren is my baby mama, my dad advised me to tell my mother's what I wanted to happen and honestly I don't want to take my daughter away from Lauren, I just want her to act right and I think that can be done if we all just sit down and have a mature conversation, so everyone can say how they feel.

"I told her King. I talked to her a few hours ago, she knows." My mother assured me.

Just as I was about to say something my mother answered the phone.

"Hello, Megan you here too?" My mama asked.

"Yeah, I'm here." My mother said.

"Okay, good. Hey King, how are you?" My mama asked me.

"I'm alright, tired." I responded shortly.

"You okay? Why are you tired?" She asked me.

"Getting up and feeding Kari every two hours." I chuckled.

"Awww, now you can see firsthand what women go through. It's tough ain't it?" She asked.

"Yeah, I see why y'all told me to wear condoms and not to get anybody pregnant until I'm ready. But imma handle my business."

"Good, I'm glad you're maturing. Where is she?" My mama asked.

"In my arms sleeping. I just finished feeding her not too long ago." I said.

"Oh okay, so we're discussing Lauren, correct?"

"Yes." I responded.

"Okay, so what exactly did you want do with Lauren? What's your plan?" My mother asked me.

I sighed. "I know y'all don't like Lauren, but she is my child's mother and I don't want to keep Kari from her. I don't want her to be forced to move somewhere else and can't see her child. I know Lauren was wrong, I'm not on her side, but I can't let it go down like that. I feel like for now we should start off giving Lauren one week with Kari out of a month, then let her prove herself. I want my daughter with me almost full time. I'm not ready to do split custody, because I'm not fully aware of Lauren's motives." I explained. "If I have Kari full time, the lawyer said she can't try to scam and put me on child support. I'm gonna take care of Kari regardless, but now Lauren can't use Kari as a meal ticket."

"I understand what you're saying King, I do. But you want her to just roam free after everything she did to you? She's not punished in any way?" My mother asked me.

"I get it Ma, I understand what you're saying, but I'm brushing it off and letting it go, since I played a part in that situation too. I just wanna push that to the side and in the end, she is being punished because she's not gonna be getting money like she thought she was from me. I'm going to be the main provider for Kari, so I don't need to give Lauren a dime. She thought she was gonna come up and use me to get closer to you, but she can't get any money from me or y'all. I think everyone needs to have a sit down with her to clear the air and lay out all their grievances with her. I want to raise my daughter in a conducive environment. I don't want everyone always bickering and fighting, like I saw when I was younger. We all should be able to come together at least once a year for Kari's birthday and have Lauren included in it." I reasoned.