|13|

Next Day

Megan POV

Tidal Bless the Booth

I stood around the cameraman and the director as they showed myself, Jay, Farris and Bey the footage of what they just recorded and edited.

"Alright Farris, mark this off the list. Send me my schedule in the meantime of all my events until I find a new assistant." I said.

"Of course, you know I got you Meg."

"Okay, we're about to fly out to Vegas, you coming or no?" I asked him.

"Nah, you'll have protection, let this be family time, not business. I'll text you the details of the first event when you get back to LA, aight?"

"Thank you, Farris." I hugged him and he assured me everything would be fine and for me to have fun and enjoy my family, since this will be the first trip and me leaving LA, since the shooting.

"No worries, text me if anything happens though." He pointed at me.

"I will." I promised him.

Bey and I said our goodbyes to Farris and Jay, since he had a little more business to tend to here before he had to leave for Vegas tonight for Jaden's boxing match.

Getting into the truck that was waiting on us to take Bey and I back to my house, she slid into the backseat after me and settled in. Once the driver pulled off, Bey peered over at me, making me smile for some reason.

"What? What's up?" I questioned.

She shook her head, grinning at me. "You did really good. Definitely one of my favorite freestyles from you Meg. I'm just...proud of you."

"Oh Bey, don't start getting all sentimental on me." I chuckled to save face. I didn't want her to see just how much those words mean to me and the fact that it's coming from HER out of all people, is really touching and warms my heart.

"Stoppp Meg." She whined. "I'm serious."

"I know bab-Bey. I know...and thank you, it means a lot. But don't start getting all emotional, because you know how I am when I see you tear up and I can't help but to cry." I smiled.

She rolled her eyes and laughed, reaching over for my hand. I let her take my hand in hers and I stared down at our hands. There's a lot I need to think about and discuss with Beyoncé. With all that has happened, I really feel more connected to her than I've felt in a long time. Surprisingly, all of this has brought us closer together and I'm loving it right now. I love how we're on the same page and can sit down and have a deep, genuine conversation with each other.

Beyoncé has seen me at my most vulnerable point with this incident, since I didn't know her when my parents and grandma died. Slowly, I'm trusting Beyoncé more and more and I'm wanting to be around her and just talk to her for hours, which is something I haven't experienced in months. Maybe we can come to an agreement and work something out, before it's too late and the divorce is finalized.

Egypt POV

Walking into the Bellagio with my siblings, myself and my mothers headed towards the first elevator we seen, while my mama's assistant and Ms. Yvette went to the receptionist desk to get our keys.

"Remember, the thirty-sixth floor." Ms. Yvette called out to us. My mama raised her thumb up in the air, acknowledging what Ms. Yvette said as we all walked to the elevator with Julius leading the way.