|47|

One Month Later

Megan POV

I sat in the studio, briefly scrolling through my mentions on Twitter, timing my fifteen minute timespan I've allotted myself. I've been taking more breaks from social media, but especially Twitter, since there's so much more people at'ing me, quoting me and spamming me with horrible and disrespectful comments.

Ever since I've gotten shot, Twitter has been hell for me, so I usually just post a picture, like a few of the Hotties tweets, then log off and go on about my business. But today, I decided to take a few minutes out of my day to scroll through my notifications, ignoring the hate tweets. I seen some posts from Hotties, still talking about my Oscar performance, which made me smile and my Plan B record everyone is begging me to drop since I performed it at Coachella a little less than two weeks ago.

The Oscars was amazing. I was the first rap artist to ever perform at the award show and it really pushed me and my name farther out there. The fact that I was able to remix and create a rap verse for 'We Don't Talk About Bruno' that was actually lyrical and fun and set precedence at the same time as a rapper. It really helped me garner more fans and attention from mainstream media. An elite award show like the Oscars, inviting me, a female rapper known to be raunchy and sexy, to perform? Shit, no one can stop me now, not ever. I can do anything, now that I achieved performing at the Oscars.

The fake and stupid hate from the Barbs and Black Twitter does not equate to actual success in the real world and people need to understand that. Social media versus real life. Twitter claims everyone hates me and the blogs bash me and say I'm lying about being shot, yet, I'm bigger than ever, getting major brand and endorsement deals, and setting records that other rap artists haven't even achieved yet. The general population will always outweigh a small group of social media thugs, who claim everyone else doesn't like me.

My career isn't stopping and Twitter really believes they can bash and cancel me, but in real life, people are rocking with me and genuinely love me and my music. Which is also why I want to take advantage of this time to work on this new album of music I want to release called Something For The Hotties. I'm ready to get out of this 1501 contract with Carl and this album will push me closer to fulfilling the contract and the Hotties have been asking for more music, so it's a win, win for both parties.

Then Coachella was huge for me! I got so much love and great reviews for my performance. I was nervous, because I'm still in the beginning stage of my career and to be performing at a big festival like that this soon, is insane! I just know my haters are seething.

I put my phone down, having enough of scrolling on Twitter, and locked my phone.

"Whatchu thinkin'?" Ju asked me as he sat next to me at the soundboard.

"I do want to have new records on this album. I don't want all of the songs to be old and from my vault." I mentioned.

"Cool. You got material ready?" He asked.

"Yeah, but I need to figure out which songs I actually want to use. Okay, look, I'm going to spit some songs, you record it just so I can have the songs, then I'll figure out the details for how many songs and which songs I want to be on this album."

"Aight, you know I'm down with whatever you choose." Ju spoke, messing with the dials on the soundboard.

"Alright." I said, standing up. I grabbed my phone and went into the booth. The first song I wanted to record, was a song I titled Tina Snow, because it just gave me that raw, hood, hardcore type of vibe that got me noticed and was responsible for my come-up in the rap game.