|6|

Few Weeks Later

Beyoncé POV

I put my phone on speaker, after I slid answer and sat my phone down next to me on my bed and continued to edit my Black Is King film on my MacBook.

"Hello?" I spoke in a monotone voice.

"Ew, you sound like you don't wanna talk." Megan laughed.

"I'm busy and editing my project, what's up?" I spoke.

"Well, excuse me Queen. I just wanted to confirm the plans we made a few weeks back. You know after that King situation and we beat his ass, we discussed a July Fourth gathering. Y'all still flying out to my house, right?"

"Hmmmm." I hummed, pausing the clip on my screen and editing a few seconds. "I guess so. We can be there. You talked to the kid's?" I asked.

"Yeah, they were down. I just wanted to make sure they had a way of getting here. I know Jay isn't coming is he?"

"Umm, I don't know. Call him and see. He might wanna meet Bagg since he is around our children when they fly out there to you." I said.

"Alright, it's not a problem if he does come. I just need to know how many people and how much food to get."

"Gotchuuu." I said, replaying the scene I just edited. "I'll reach out to him too. We'll be at your house the morning of July Fourth. That's good?"

"Yeah, that's fine. Keep your work at home. This is about family and bonding time." She said, throwing shade.

I sucked my teeth. "Girl, don't worry about me. Just make sure your wifi is working so I can do what I need to do. I have deadlines and I really don't want to see you and your man all up in my face all day tryna flirt and fuck in front of me." I spoke.

"Whatever Beyoncé. This is a family cookout, a gathering for all of us. Don't ruin it."

"Okay, bye Megan."

I hung up on her and shook my head, continuing to do what I was doing before she called. She doesn't need to parent me and tell me what to do. I know how to act. The only reason I'm going is for my children, but best believe I'm going to keep my distance from Megan and her lil man.

I edited the film for a couple of more hours and wrote down details I wanted to fix about the movie, before taking a break and going to check on the kids and tell them to start packing for this gathering at Megan's house in LA.

I wanted to check on the twins first, so I stopped by Skylar's room to find Londyn in there also.

"Hey, what y'all doin'?" I asked, peeking my head into the bedroom.

"We're creating choreography for the dance workshop." Londyn said as they danced a few steps before stopping.

"That's good. I'm glad to see y'all taking this opportunity seriously. Don't stay up too late, alright?"

"Yes mama." They said in unison.

"And y'all need to start packing. We gotta fly out to your mother's house in LA for July Fourth, okay?"

"Alright, we will." Skylar said.

"Okay, have fun and have a good night."

"Night mama." They both said before I shut the door. I made my way down the long hallway and stopped off at Jaden's room next.

Before I could even open the door, I heard him yelling. Knocking, knowing he probably couldn't hear it over his yelling, I opened the door to find him cussing someone out over his gaming headset.