41: Hurt

"I love you... Katsuki-kun."

Katsuki stopped in his tracks and sighed after hearing the abrupt confession. He slowly turned back to face the brunette and could tell that this was a last resort to her, the last option she had left. 

"For once... You're actually confessing to me and not using someone else to say it." 

"W-What? K-Katsuki-kun, I don't under-" 

"Do you know how many people we've hurt because of this?" he interrupted. 

"E-Eh? Hurt? Who have we-" 

"I knew I should've ended things with you back the first time we broke up. Back then we hurt... so many people just so we could be happy, and I don't see any reason for us to even try and get back together now." Katsuki stated.

"But... Katsuki-kun, who did we hurt that caused our relationship to-" 

"Deku." 

That caught Izuku's attention as she peeked her head to hear more. 

"D-Deku-chan? How did we hurt-" 

"You used her." Katsuki claimed. 

"I used her? How? And why would I-" 

"You used Deku just to get close to me, and the only reason you did that was because I've known Deku since we were kids. I grew up with Deku, and the second you found out that, you lied to her and used her just to get closer to me. You used her even in your confession? How? Deku was the one that confessed your feelings to me, not you. Do you even know how much I've had to distance myself from Deku because all I saw was pain in her face from just looking at me?" Katsuki said.

'He... Kacchan avoided me because he knew I was in pain?' Izuku thought as she clasped her hand over her mouth. 

"Even now, you fucking begged Deku to try and talk to me about why I broke up with you, and I didn't like that. Deku has always been the kind of person that can't say no to anything, and you fucking used her to the point that she probably doesn't even wanna try and see or talk to you anymore! You'd always tell other people about what is wrong with me, with us, but you would never say it to my damn face! I moved on, and I told you I fucking moved on at the reunion when I said I had sex with someone the night I broke up with you. I'm dealing with a lot of shit right now and I don't want you to even try and make things worse for me, so stop trying to convince me that we can be together, because I will never like you." Katsuki stated.

Izuku could hear the brunette's whimpering and it didn't take long for her to hear Uraraka's footsteps as she started walking away from Katsuki. Uraraka walked past Izuku without seeing her and was heading straight back to the banquet with tears in her eyes. 

The greenette was speechless about what she'd just heard and didn't know what to think now. 

"How long were you standing there?" Izuku jerked her head to see Katsuki standing behind her. 

"Ah- F-From the beginning..." she answered in a mumble. 

"Hah- so you know that I've clearly moved on, but you wanted to hear me say to Uraraka, huh?" 

"N-Not exactly the way I'd expected it to be, but yes." she stated. 

"I don't think I'm gonna go back to the banquet anytime soon, as I've got more important things to deal with than her trying to-"