38: Acceptance

Katsuki was walking home and couldn't forget everything that Izuku's cousin told him just an hour prior.

( Flashback )

"Kei... likes Izuku?" 

"But because Izuku is with someone else now and she clearly likes them, Kei went back into hiding. He hasn't woken up since." Katsuki noted. 

"I see, and who is the one that's meeting Izuku now?" 

"It's... a guy named Reed."

"Reed?" 

Katsuki looked up at Emra and he could tell she didn't seem surprised about who her cousin was seeing. 

"What?" 

"Hah- You-... You can't win." Emra stated. 

Katsuki batted his eyes a few times and then stood up from his chair as he was confused about that statement. 

"What? What d'you mean I can't win?" he asked. 

"There's much you don't know about Reed from what it looks like, but I'm sure you know that Reed is a hero like you, right?" 

"Yeah."

"But what you don't know is that Reed was the Number 1 hero in America before he came here to Japan." Emra noted. Katsuki's eyes slightly widened by that note and he didn't know what to say.

"Before Reed came here to Japan, he was in America and known as the 'War Hero' who was also the Number 1 hero in America. He wasn't the only one in his family that stayed in America while his other family members were in Japan, but he had a good reason for deciding to come to Japan. He was cheated on by his ex-girlfriend of 6 years. He knew that some of his family was in Japan and decided to pack his things and start his life anew and left to come here. Though this meant he'd be leaving his rank back in America, that doesn't mean he isn't going to try and get a higher ranking here in Japan." Emra explained. 

'He was... Number 1 in America?'

"How the hell do you know all this?" 

"Because I'm close friends with one of his sisters who also works with Izuku at the hospital. Whatever the case, you can't beat Reed, because he might eventually beat you in your own rank as a hero. And seeing that you're wearing a cast right now means that you're on hiatus and the other heroes out there will be trying harder to take your place too. I know you've known my cousin for a really long time, but that also means she knows your weaknesses and strengths all too well. So if you try to fight Reed to take my cousin's heart... You can't and won't win."

( Back to Present )

'Damnit, why couldn't she have just told me something easier than that?! Does this mean I can't have these feelings for Deku anymore? Does this mean Kei will be gone forever if I can't get Deku either? I just wanna sleep now that so much has happened today.' he thought as he entered the building. 

As he was walking towards the elevator, the blond caught a glance of a certain greenette and wasn't sure if he was seeing things. 

"Deku?" 

He watched as the greenette turned around and it was Izuku alright. 

"Oh, Kacchan. I didn't think you'd be out this late." she noted. 

"Yeah, I was... on a walk." he muttered. 

"Ah- the weather was pretty nice to have a walk tonight." 

"Yeah..."

The elevator arrived and both of them entered the elevator in silence and kept space from each other. Once the doors closed, Katsuki took a quick glimpse to finally realize that Izuku wasn't wearing the dress he'd picked out for her earlier that day.