50.*

Y'all have been waiting for this one (TURN IT UP)

~Next day (Sunday)

"Wanna go for a ride?"

Dominic sounds so cheerful I can't say no. Though Layla is finally giving me a hug, Dominic's smile is worth leaving her.

But is it worth her whining?

I look from her to Dominic, whose eyes shine with anticipation. He looks so cute standing there, hands in his pockets and a full smile playing around his lips.

I haven't seen much from his smiles, so I decide to go along. "Sorry missy, but Ash will happily take in my place." I pet her head before she runs off.

Dominic wraps his arm around my waist, breathing into my neck as we walk outside. "I missed you," he mumbles, barely audible.

I frown, feeling concerned. "What are you talking about? I've been here the whole weekend!"

He shakes his head, suddenly halting and hugging me. He places his head on my head, and I can feel him drawing in a deep breath. "Before. In the past. I missed you then," he whispers, pain in his voice.

Ahw, sweetheart.

"I'm here now, baby, I'm here now," I whisper, rubbing his back. We keep hugging a bit more like that, standing on the path to the garage.

He nods in my neck. "I know."

Then he pulls away and just takes my hand, walking the path down like nothing's happened. I'm still amazed by the fact he can just. . . switch it off.

"You choose the car," he smiles, but it's sadder than before. So I choose the black Lamborghini, his all time favorite.

I watch his face as I walk to it. The corners of his mouth tilt into a broader smile. He strides to me with big steps, cupping my cheeks in his hands. "I fucking l—" He stops himself. "Like you. I fucking like you." He nods to himself, eyes distant for a second.

Then he smiles back at me, getting into the car. I do the same at my side and as soon as I'm in, he tangles our hands together.

"Where are we going?" I ask him. He doesn't seem one to just drive around. He shoots me a smirk. "I'm just gonna pick something up at our club. Someone broke my last pair of cuffs Friday night."

I blush. "I can't help it! Y'all were monsters!"

He releases my hand and places his own on my thigh. A jolt of pleasure hits me, but I don't show him.

He leans in a bit, still smirking. "But you loved it."

I can't help but agree on that. "Yeah. I loved it."

Satisfied, he smiles at that and drives us to the club. He parks in front of the doors, but no one comments on it because he's the boss.

And he'd probably kill anyone who so much as speaks up to him. It's kinda hot.