34.*

~A few hours later

~A few hours later

David blinks.

Blinks again.

Frowns.

He opens his mouth, but it closes again. I nervously rub my hands. "So?"

He looks lost. "You have three boyfriends? Who, by the way, are also my bosses?"

I cringe. "Yeah?" He gives me a confused look. "But-how does that work? Can I join?"

My eyebrows raise at his last questions. He gives me a cute smirk. "Ah, babe. Your boyfriends are eye candies, everyone'd like to join. Do you realize how lucky you are?"

I shoot a sheepish smile. "I do, actually. I only have to teach them to drink something else than black coffee and they it's perfect."

He chuckles, sipping his own coffee. I glance at the clock. Today's lunch break is at twelve, which is in ten minutes.

David has his lunch break now, and he's spending it with me. It ends when mine starts, so I'll walk back with him to his office.

"Where's Ivan?" I frown. David shrugs, taking a bite of his sandwich. "He got some emergency at work, it's fine."

I study his face, but he's not lying. That's a good thing, it means they're doing well.

"So is your grandma happy with you now?" I ask him. He sighs and rolls his eyes, making me laugh. "She's all over Ivan, I swear. I think he's her favorite now, and I'm like a bonus."

I chuckle. "Poor baby." I tap his head and he glares at me.

"Alright, I gotta go back to the office, or someone's boyfriends will fire me." He cocks a smile. I roll my eyes. "They won't. They're too whipped about me."

He shrugs and stands up. "If only."

I give him a soft punch on the arm, but it's enough to make him shriek. "This is pure torture, you know?" he grumbles and grips his arm tight.

I smile sweetly at him, hopping beside him to the office. It's a sunny day today, so I might meet up with someone after work. Would be a waste not to.

"What are you doing after work?" I ask him. He shyly smiles and rubs the back of his head. A blush creeps up, making him look away.

I cock an eyebrow. "So obviously you're doing Ivan after work. No problem, I can do something with Melody or Adeline, or maybe my guys."

He shakes his head. "No, no. I'm free, really. Maybe Ivan can join us? I'm sure we'll enjoy whatever you've planned for us."

I smile. "I don't mind, David. We can meet up another day." He seems in doubt, brows furrowed. I place my hand on his wrist in an assuring way. "Hey. It's alright, go on a date with Ivan. We'll do something tomorrow, okay?"