17.

~Next day

~Next day

"Tell me why exactly you're not doing it?"

I blush and shake my head at David. "I'm not asking for a higher paycheck for you, David." He pouts and crosses his arms over his chests.

Ivan tries to soothe him with a kiss, but David pushes him away. His eyebrows rise and he looks at me, but I shrug. "David's being a child."

David gasps. "I'm not! You're refusing to give a poor bartender some money!" I cock an eyebrow. "You're not a bartender."

He mumbles something and sits down in his booth again. I give him his coffee. "I'll give you a free coffee, I can't do more."

He rolls his eyes. "All my coffees are free, since this is a family business." His eyes widen and he looks around, as if he only realizes now his grandma's here.

They always forget and haven't been caught yet. I think it's unfair. The second I come here with a guy I might like, she always notices, but with them? Never.

But this time... She isn't talking to anyone and narrowing her eyes at us. I hide my smirk and wink at David. "Try to stay not aggressive, will you?"

He frowns in desperation and clutches his stomach. "I feel sick." I roll my eyes, just like Ivan does. "Be a man."

He slaps my arm. "I'm not a man! I'm the bottom, leave me alone." Ivan sighs, hard. "David, you have a dick. I think you're a man."

David shakes his head, but doesn't answer. Miss Elisabeth makes her way to us. I head to clean the booth next to them, not wanting to interrupt but neither wanting to miss it.

"Hey, my boy! Who is this?" Her voice is happy. A small whimper leaves David mouth. I roll my eyes in myself. Come on, Jesus.

"I'm Ivan, miss. A friend of your son," Ivan introduces himself. Miss Elisabeth slides next to him in the booth. "I've seen you. A friend, you say? Hey, don't tell David I told you, but he looks at you like he's in love," she adds, whispering very hard.

Ivan chuckles. "Really? I don't think so." I smile. I think it's nice of Ivan he doesn't push David to come out. Although he finds it as funny as I do, we still respect him.

"David, it's not nice of you to cheat on Daisy," miss Elisabeth scolds. A silent chuckle leaves my mouth. Oh, he's getting it.

"Grandma, I'm not—I'm not cheating on her," he whispers, hiding his face in his hands. She huffs, making him look at her. I wave at him, over Ivan and miss Elisabeth's heads. He glances at me.

'Do I need to help?' I mouth. He looks likes he's about to whimper and nods. I smile and sit down next to him in the booth. Miss Elisabeth smiles at me. "Hey, Daisy. Listen, I'm sorry I need to tell you but I think David's cheating on you."

I blink. "That's not possible." She gives me an apologetic smile and squeezes my hand. "I think he's one of the kind," she whispers, again not too soft. David whimpers out loud now. "Grandma, it's not a kind."

She frowns. "But you do admit you're gay?" He flinches. "No?"

A big smile breaks through. "I knew it! I saw it the moment you looked at Betty's son the other day. You're not very subtle with butt-looking, Dave."

Me and Ivan lock eyes and start laughing. Poor David, he's being slaughtered by all of us. 

"Shall we tell her about us?" I hiccup. David shrugs, blushing furiously. I rest my head on his shoulder, letting him know he's not alone in this. He sighs.

"We never dated. It was all an act to cover up David and Ivan's relationship," I tel miss Elisabeth. Her eyes widen and she laughs. "Oh God, your generation is too smart!"

Then, she looks at me. "So that guy from yesterday..." I blush and look away, shaking my head. David picks up, all too happy he's not being laughed at anymore.

"Oh? You mean one of our bosses? That's right, she's flirting with our bosses," he winks at his grandma. "I am not! They're just clients," I correct him.

The three of them let out a scoff. I raise my hands. "What? You see things that aren't true!"

Miss Elisabeth squeezes my hand. "Do they mean those three men that drink their coffee black?" I nod, shivering. Ugh, don't remind me.

"Well, all I can say is that the one from yesterday makes a very bad gay," she says and gives me a knowing look. I blush again and jump up. "Listen, I have work."

They chuckle and nod. "Sure," Ivan calls after me. I flip him the bird.

Just when I'm behind the bar again, they come in. I wince. Oh God, no.

Their faces fall. Asher frowns at me. "That's not a good reaction. All because of the damn black coffee?"

I hide my cheeks in my hands, not wanting them to see I'm blushing hard. "No—I mean, yeah. Black coffee. Horrible."

I'm not lying...

They share a look and shrug. "You're going to have to live with it," Easton grins. I roll my eyes and turn around to make their black coffee.

"Hey, uh, listen," Dominic coughs. I cock an eyebrow over my shoulder. "What?"

He gives me a half-hearted smile. "You wanna lunch with us again, later? It was fun yesterday." I smile and slightly shake my head, attempting to hide my blush with my hair.

"Of course! You'll buy me a sandwich again right?" He nods, his smile growing wider. "Sure." 

I nod, giving them their coffee. "I'll be there." They grin and pay, then leave with another wave. I wave back. They wave again through the window while they pass. I wave again, giggling. 

I smile and lower my gaze again. I think my blush is permanent now. 

I catch an eye of those three in the booth and see them smirking at me. I glare at them, but can't deny it. 

I might actually like them.