42.

"Who's a good girl?" 

The dog gives me a 'really?' look. I sigh. "You aren't a fan of hugs, are you?"

She looks away. Rolling my eyes, I drive to their house.

Get a dog, they said. It'll be fun, they said.

My ass.

I paid two-hundred bucks for her, and then sixty for dog supplies. And now she won't even give me a hug.

Her name is Layla. I like that name, it really suits her. Gracious and still kind of warning.

As we park, she sits up. I smile. "Let's go meet your new dads."

She jumps out of the car and slightly runs in front of me. I just know she's going to love it here—come on, a big ass yard? She's in the fucking dog heaven.

I open the main door and see the three of them in the living room. "Layla's home!" I yell, and the three of them look up.

Dominic and Easton stand up and walk closer to the dog, who's running around. "Her name's Layla?" Dominic looks up at me. He sits down on the floor, clearly trying to get a hug out of Layla.

Easton grins while his gaze is locked on her. "She looks like a Layla. How old is she? Does she have any medical problems?"

I shake my head. "I asked too, but they said she's completely healthy. She's ten months old," I inform him. He nods, kissing my temple. 

His arms lock around my waist and he lays his head on my shoulder while we both watch Layla running around Dominic, but he never gets to pet her.

After a while, Nicky gives up. Sighing, he gets up. "I'll pet her when she's exhausted. What is she? A puppy?"

I chuckle. "I mean, kind of. I'd say a teenager."

He grumbles and sits back on his chair. Easton follows him, releasing me.

I walk to Asher and hug him from behind. Now he's seated, I'm finally taller than one of them. He chuckles and draws his head back, kissing my chin.

"Hello, butterfly. You like the dog?" 

I nod, kissing his forehead. "Do you?" He gives me a small shrug. "I mean, I'm no dog person. But I don't mind her running around. As long as I get to do my work, it's okay."

I have a feeling that'll change.

Layla pants and drops down on the floor, literally two inches from her dog bed. I groan. "Miss dog, I just bought a bed for you."

She looks up at me. I swear she tells me to fuck off.

Dominic greedily sinks down on the floor and pats his legs. "Layla! Come here, girl, come!"

I watch him desperately trying to hug her.

"Please, come!" he sighs. I smirk. "That's what she said." Three heads swivel to me, two smirking and one glaring at me.

I smile sweetly at Dominic. "It's okay, baby. She doesn't like me either. She's not a clingy dog," I try to soothe him.

He frowns. "But she's a dog!" 

Child.

I shrug. "So? Not all dogs are the same. My grandma's dog, Poppy, used to bite everyone who came near her. Be happy Layla doesn't do that."

Dominic sighs. "Do I get a hug from you, then?" I see something behind his eyes—vulnerability?—but he shakes it off so fast I hesitate it was really there.

I grin and give him a hug. "There you go. Now cook me something."

Easton jumps up. "I'll do that. If Dominic cooks, the house will burn down and we'll all gegt killed."

He winces at his own words, and I see Ash do too. Dominic looks down. I register their past and the fire.

"Well, luckily you have a strong girlfriend. I can carry all of you outside before it even gets too hot in here," I joke. Laughter fills the room.

I frown. I wasn't actually joking...

Easton stalks of to the kitchen, still chuckling. Dominic stops his attempts and stands up. "I'm gonna take a piss," he announces, and I roll my eyes. 

Ash keeps on graduating papers of his students, which reminds me of Adam earlier today.

I sit down on a chair next to him, and he glances at me, a smile present on his face. After that, he looks back at the papers. 

"Hello, butterfly. Three more papers and I'm done, alright? If this is over, then I'm quite done for the week and I have time for you."

I smile. I love that.

"You better speed up then, I miss your hugs," I playfully whine. He shoots me a smug smirk. "I bet you'll miss something else the next time I'm busy."

My eyebrows raise and the room becomes hot. I wouldn't mind that.

"Yeah? I bet you're missing everything about me already." I pat his nose, making him shoot me a confused look. 

I realize I haven't had any sexual encounters with Asher yet. Maybe he's keeping the good stuff.

I bet he has the biggest dick.

Layla lets out a bark. Ash sighs and together, we look at her. She jumps up and storms at us.

I grin. I knew she'd want hugs from—Asher?

She sits down next to Asher's chair, her eyes big as she stares up at him. He groans. "No. No, go get your pets from anyone else."

I cock an eyebrow. Wasn't he the first one to say he's in?

She lets out a soft whine, moving her head closer to him. He groans and pushes his chair to the back. Her tail starts wiggling. 

Ash rolls his eyes and pats his lap. She jumps up and lays two of her legs on his leg. He pats again, and she jumps until she's completely on his lap.

She's still at the little side, so she fits just fine. He side glances me before going back to work, but he's working slower because he's petting Layla.

Little one looks perfectly content.

Dominic walks back in. He smiles at me, then frowns as he searches around the floor.

"Where is—son of a bitch."

I grin. "Yep. Look like she's got a favorite."

Dominic's eyebrows furrow unhappily, a little jealous. That's cute. "But he doesn't even like her!"

I pat the chair next to me. "Looks like I'm going to get her hugs, then."

****

Bro, that song? Brothers by Kodaline?

I can't explain how much that song fits here. Like Dom and the other two? That song is MADE for them

Also, this was a filler