39.

~Hours later

~Hours later

After three Disney movies, we decided it was time for bed.

So me, Asher and Easton went to bed. Dominic went to his office, saying he'd slept for two days straight and won't push his luck.

I try to understand why not, but it's really hard when he doesn't explain.

I'm in my bed now, unable to go to sleep. I shift and shift, but I can't get a grip on the sleep. It keeps slipping away.

I humpf and give up, reaching for my phone on the nightstand. My heart misses a beat when I see I have multiple texts from Asher's—but not in a good way.

Fire: Hey butterfly, can you come over to my room for a sec?

Fire: Daisy?

Fire: I really fucking need you

Fire: Ill cpme ober 

I frown. The last message was a few seconds ago, and it doesn't seem like he's doing well. The text isn't sent with care, because a lot of letters are wrong.

I jump out of bed, scared he might be injured. But just when I'm about to open the door, a knock sounds on it.

I open the door and see him on his knees on front of it, trembling terribly. My heart sinks when I see the tears on his face and when I hear how much trouble he has with breathing.

"Panic," he gasps between his rapid breaths, "attack."

I sink on my knees and pull him in my room, trying to give him some privacy. I don't think he'd like it when his brothers see him almost fainting.

Closing the door behind us, I kneel next to him and pull him to my chest. Sideways, as if I'm carrying a baby.

He's sobbing and panting, his whole body shaking. I cup his head and pull it on my chest, softly rocking him back and forth.

"You're having a panic attack, baby. I'm gonna help you, but you have to help me in order to do that. Why are you having a panic attack? Work? Memories? My parents?"

He grips my shirt, his hands trembling so hard he has to release me again. I tap his cheek, trying to get him to look at me. He does.

"Asher. Answer my question," I whisper. He gasps for breath. "Memories," he whispers. "Memories."

I wipe his tears away, but they keep falling. I kiss his forehead and hear his breath hitch. He sits up a little bit, hiding his face in my neck.

"Okay, Ash. We're gonna get through this. They are memories, baby. They're nothing but dark flashbacks from the past. They're done, they're over, they're in the past."

He takes a deep breath, a bit calmer than just now. I go on with soothing him.

"Come back to me, Ash. Come back to now, tuck the memories away. Come back to my room, where it's just you and me. No one else. No brothers, no parents, no uncles, no guards, just you and me."