7.

~The next day

~The next day

"Three black coffees."

I whirl around and yep, there they are. Three rude but attractive assholes.

"Three black coffees, please," I mutter under my breath, but don't say a thing to them as I turn around to make their coffees.

And what's with the black coffees? I mean, not even milk? Or sugar?

"To go or to drink up here?" I ask them nicely. After all, they are costumers. And this is the second time they're here, so maybe they'll come more often.

David was right. They are intimidating. They do look powerful. I don't want trouble with them. 

"To go," the Dom one answers. I nod and pour their black coffee in to go cups. I smirk, realizing I can write something on the carton.

I write on the three of their cups the same. A black coffee, please. 

I give it to them and act like nothing's going on. "That'll be two dollars twenty five." One smirks at his cup, but doesn't say anything. Another one pays me and Dom just grins.

"Thank you," I pointedly say when I receive the money. He grins and turns around to follow his friends. Would they be friends?

Miss Elisabeth walks to me. I cringe. Shit.

"Sweetheart, do you know who those men where? They certainly were eye candies," she smiles. I shrug. "I don't know. Probably some business men passing through the city."

She sighs, her mind already somewhere else. "I remember when I once talked to a business man passing though the city..."

And she's off. I nod a little and pretend to be cleaning the coffee machine. God, woman, shut it.

Thankfully, she walks up to a couple sitting at a table and I'm free. I sigh in relief. 

David walks in. He looks different, somehow. His eyes glinster more, I think. And his clothes are messy. 

He walks up to me and kisses my cheek. "Hey." "Hi! Shouldn't you be at the office right now?" He gives me a grin. "My boss said I should grab some coffee for me and him. We had a rough morning."

He gives me a wink and orders two macchiatos. I grin and wait for him to spill some tea while I make coffee. Only, he doesn't.

"So, rough morning, huh?" I hint. He looks at my face, a smirk playing at his lips. "Almost two minutes. You'll get there, eventually."

I scowl at him and give him his coffee. "Get where?" "In your own business," he winks and walks out with a kiss on the cheek of his grandma.

My jaw drops. This fucker.

Me: You better tell me 11:23 am

David: Tell what 11:23 am

Me: DAVID GODDAMNIT 11:24 am

Me: What rough morning??? 11:24 am

David: Just some meetings, babe 11:25 am

Me: I don't believe you 11:26 am

David: Oh, if only you had Ivan's number to ask him 11:28 am

I can imagine him grinning at his phone. I don't have Ivan's number and he knows it.

I roll my eyes and continue making coffee for people all morning long. David should be here for lunch, but I don't expect him actually. If he lunches with Ivan, I'm completely fine. 

As by wonder, I get a text from him.

David: Can you come here for lunch? 12:32 pm

I smile. I knew it.

Me: Sure 12:34 pm

I close the shop and walk towards his office. It's in the big buildings a few streets from the shop, so I leave my bike and walk.

The streets are crowded, so it's hard to move fast. I sigh, getting irritated with how slow some people walk.

I make a catch up movement, but am almost run over by a car and jump aside. Jesus Christ. 

I quickly dive into the hallway of David's office and pant. Another near-death experience.

Me: What level? 12:46 pm

He doesn't answer.

I sigh. I guess I'm going to the reception. "Hi," I smile. The girl behind the reception shoots me a dirty look and continues to do her nails. Oh.

I lean back on my heels and look around a bit, doubting what I should do. A sigh sounds through the lobby. I turn around, seeing the guard from last weekend in the club.

"Are you following me?" A grin spreads on my face. "Nope. I just need to go to Ivan's department." He frowns. "Ivan?"

Then, he gets it. "Oh! You mean the assistant of Marc?" I shrug, not knowing who Marc is. He grins and cocks his head at the elevator. "Follow me, miss Stalker."

I roll my eyes, but do follow me. "Do you work here? At day a... what? Hotel guard? And at night, guard in a fancy club."

He just gives me a smirk. "It's the same boss, I hussle around." I think about that. It does make sense.

"Who's the boss of this?" He looks at me as if I should know. I gasp, "Are you judging me?" He purses his lips and shakes his head, looking away.

"But who's the boss... Michael?" I read his name tag. He sighs.

"The Whitlock brothers."

Whoa. That sounds powerful. 

"Brothers, huh? Two, three?" He rolls his eyes. "Woman, do you not know anything?" 

I scoff. "I'm sorry I don't know who your bosses are, Michael." He rolls his eyes again and opens the door to the hallway.

"Ivan works there," he points before closing the door behind me. I think two brothers, thank you so much for your help.

I walk down the hallway and knock on the office saying "D. Collin." That's David.

I slam his door open, pissed I had to find the way myself. And I immediately curse myself for it, because Ivan and David are making out on David's desk.

"For fuck's sake," I mutter while they startle apart. "Daisy? Could you at least knock?" David sighs. "Fuck, my heart's pounding like crazy."

Ivan grins and opens his mouth, but I beat him. "Do not use the pick-upline, Ivan. I'd personally end you."

He quickly shuts his mouth again. David pulls out his phone. "Hey, you texted—oh." "Yeah, oh. I had to ask at the reception."

Ivan winces. "We don't like Kaylee either." I shoot him a glare. "No. And now I found you making out. Such a harsh morning," I sigh. 

I can't snap at David looking so innocent and sweet. "Sorry, babe." "It's okay. I know where it is now."

****

Omfg David is Dylan all over again. I think I have a think with gay men starting with a D— Dylan, Dallas, Dante and David

Whoopsss