46.

Double update loves! Make sure you read 45 and didn't miss it before you read this one! Mwah

Tw: Sensitive subjects such as: fire, death, pain

Tw: Panic attack

~A couple of days later

The darkness is outrunning me.

I can't seem to tuck it away anymore.

I used to be the best at hiding it—and when it became too much, I could excuse myself and distract myself with work.

But I don't want to run away from Daisy. So every time the subject is about cages, fire, torture, killing or family, I just grit my teeth and endure it.

For Daisy.

I feel better around her, but I can't get a grip on myself. The words try to spill out—the truth.

Even though—in shameless moments, moments in panic and in fear—I have thought my brothers should know, I do not have the power nor the strength to tell them. 

They're weaknesses, those moments, those thoughts, and I need to get rid of them. 

I stand up to go grab coffee with my brothers, but quickly grip the edge of my desk when I feel my head spinning.

Woah.

I squint my eyes and blink a few times, but the dizziness doesn't disappear. Talking about, I feel my chest get heavy and my breathing getting short.

Fuck.

My knuckles turn white to the force I'm using to grip on the desk. I feel like the room's spinning, everything's spinning.

Turn it off. Turn it off. Turn it. Off.

I gasp for breath. This is another weakness of mine, caring too much—Father's words remind me of it every day since I was nine.

Closing my eyes, I count 'till ten in my head. Then, I breathe in through my mouth and out of my nose.

Or should I breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth?

I glance at my computer, to the possibility of figuring it out, but I notice my hands are trembling too much anyway. So I leave it.

Stilling my hand by gripping my thigh, I try to calm down. I don't even have a reason to have a panic attack right now—nothing's even happening. 

Maybe I should try to call—

Daisy.

My eyes shoot open and fly to the door. I should be on my way there, I know for one my brothers are. We agreed to meet at the elevators at ten, but they always go when I'm five minutes late.

Glancing at the screen, I see it is now 10:20 am, so I'm way too late. Everyone's in the coffee shop now, so even if I faint, no one will notices.

That relieves me.