18.

"Here you go

"Here you go."

Dominic tosses me my sandwich and I catch it, smiling. We're taking our lunch break at their office again and this time, we're seated in Easton's office. He has a nice view of the city. 

"So what exactly does your company do?" I ask while eating. They glance at each other and suddenly they're very busy eating, not making any eye contact with me.

I roll my eyes. "Ah, come on, you guys. You think I can't handle you dealing in computers? Oh boohoo, so scary," I sarcastically say. Seriously, though, why are they not telling me?

Dominic coughs. "We don't deal in... computers. We run hotels." See, was it that hard?

"And that pays?" Hm, maybe I should start working here too.

Easton smirks. "You could call it that?" Alright, I'm done with this mysterious crap. "What do you mean with that?"

Asher's eyes widen. "Nothing! Nothing. We mean nothing with it," he snaps at his brother. I sigh. "Obviously you did. Tell me," I demand.

He winces and shakes his head, taking another bite if his sandwich. Now his mouth if full...

"What is it?" I ask Easton and Dominic. They grin. "This company might be a cover up for something else."

Asher's choking on his sandwich and slaps Easton's arm. He doesn't listen, though. My eyebrows raise in interest. "Cover up? As in... something illegal?"

I'm sure my eyes are shining. I love things like this.

Dominic shrugs, smirking at his brother desperately trying to get him to shut up. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

I frown. "You can't tell me this and then not tell me what it is!" Easton shrugs. "Why not?"

I blink. "Because it's mean!" They smirk at each other. Asher is glaring at them. "We can be a lot meaner," Easton winks. 

I blush and look away, getting a feeling he's not talking about shutting up. "Alright, can I guess?" I beg. "In that case you don't tell me."

Dominic smirks and nods. "I'm curious. Start guessing." I nod, thinking about what it could be. "Is it illegal?" They shrug, leaning back in their chair. Asher doesn't seem to happy, but I'm ignoring that now.

"Come on, I need a hint," I plead. Easton gives me a tiny nod. I smile. "Illegal. Okay. Drugs?" Dominic seems to doubt. "Part of it."

I shriek. "One point for me! Weapons?" He blinks. "Part of it."

I clap my hands. "So it's a more general thing? as in... a sort of group?" The color drains from Easton's face, but he nods again.

My eyes widen in realization. Their widen in fear. 

The cars, the big ass house, Dominic breaking the glass of the door with one tap... "You're mafia!"

Asher stands up and leaves to his office, slamming his door behind him. I flinch at the sound. Why is he mad? 

I look back at Dominic and Easton, who are stiff and pale. "I'm right, huh?" I give a smile. Easton blinks. "Quite."

Ooh, that sounds interesting. "What's that like? Isn't that like dangerous?" They look at each other and then back at me.

"A little? Why are you not screaming and running away?" Dominic coughs again and sits up. Easton hits his arm, but he barely feels it. "Dude! Why would you say that?"

I hold my finger up, looking at Asher's office. "Hold on. I don't think Fire is too happy about this." And he might have a panic attack at the thought of me freaking out.

I stand up and knock on his door. He doesn't answer, but I know he's in there so I open the door. He looks up, sitting in the same position as yesterday. Luckily, he's not breathing rapidly yet. 

I extend my head, a small smile on my face and my head cocked. "Come here, sweetheart. Your lunch isn't done." He eyes me up and down, then looks down at his desk. A cute blush rises from his neck to his cheeks.

"Ahw, is someone shy?" I tease and walk closer, still with my hand out. He shoots me a glare. "Stop. I'm not shy."

I chuckle. "No, such a big, tough man dealing in weapons. Get your ass here and eat the damn sandwich."

He looks at me for a second, then nods and takes my hand in his. We walk back and sit down. Dominic grins at Asher. "Man, she didn't even flinch."

Ash glares at him, but gives me a smile. "For real? You think it's normal?" I shrug. "I mean, it's not normal, but I already knew you were psycho's. I mean, who drinks their coffee black?"

Easton groans. "Stop bringing that up!" I scoff, crossing my arms over my chest. "Never."

They roll their eyes. I sit up. "So what do you do? Torture people? Kill men?"

Easton and Ash grin at Dominic, who's silent all of sudden. He looks away. Ash grins at me. "This dude has been killing people since the age of nine. Isn't that cool?"

Dominic stands up and leaves to his office, locking the door behind him. I frown at it. "What's with him?"

Easton shrugs. "He doesn't like the story. I think he's embarrassed about killing people at the age of nine and thinking it's cool. Because he said that back then, you know? We were so mad," he chuckles. 

Asher nods and laughs along with him. "Yeah, didn't speak to him for two weeks. But then he was crying and told us he didn't like it. He might have been lying, but we were kids back then," he shrugs.

I cock an eyebrow. "Age of nine? Who are you?" Easton grins and extends his hand, shaking it. "Whitlock brothers, nice to meet you."

I roll my eyes. "No, seriously. Why would he do that? Is he insane?" I hiss. Oh my God, for all I know the one guy I kissed in a year could be a psychopath.

Easton shrugs. "Nah. It's a thing our Father used to do with him. Dominic was always his favorite." He rolls his eyes. It's like they're jealous.... of what?

"You're jealous?" I frown. Ash shrugs. "Not jealous. It's just that he was always the favorite and... you know. We wanted compliments too."

My jaw drops. "Really? Have you never thought about the fact he might not have liked it?" I ask them. What kid would have liked that?

They laugh. "Daisy, he was cool about it. It's fine. We're fine. It was a long time ago and no one is blaming anyone. It was just our Father being a dick, alright?"

I frown. I don't feel good about it, but they're probably right. He's probably just not happy with them ignoring him for two weeks.

"All right. But don't make fun of him again, yeah?" They grin and nod. "Are we getting protective of someone?"

I roll my eyes. "It's just not fair to make fun of him, that's all I'm saying. If he thought it was cool back then, leave him alone. I believe you think it's cool now, hm?"

They shrug. "It's not cool, but it's not too bad either." I nod. "Well then."