𝟎𝟖. 𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥

Start from the beginning

"About Will, the lab, and that bald girl," Lorelei went into further detail.

The look on Dustin's face would have been comical if Lorelei hadn't been overcome with worry and questions. She leaned her body against the kitchen counter, not taking her eyes away from him as he blubbered for a response.

"How-" Dustin stuttered "how do you know about those things?"

"My father is an attorney, and to my surprise, he's working on a case that features all sorts of weird crap including you and your little friends," Lorelei shrugged "so spit it out, frizzy."

Another loud sound came from Dustin's bedroom, and this time, Lorelei scoffed under her breath and pushed past him as he tried to stop her. She quickly grabbed the doorknob to his bedroom, leaning her ear against it and furrowing her brows when she heard low growls emitting from inside.

"Don't!" Dustin warned as her hand began twisting the doorknob.

"What the hell do you have in here?" Lorelei converted her face.

"Please, Lora-" Dustin pleaded "I'll explain everything later, but don't open that door."

Lorelei merely rolled her eyes before she turned back to the door and pulled it open. She had only opened the door about four centimeters when a large yell erupted from the back of her throat and she slammed it shut once more. Her eyes closed and her body leaned against the door as if it would stop the terrible creature that was hiding within it from getting out.

"What in shit's name was that!?" she shrieked "you better explain Dustin Henderson! Or I swear to god I am feeding you to that - that thing!"

Dustin grimaced slightly as he watched Lorelei have an absolute breakdown in front of him. This had been expected, after all, who reacted normally after seeing something like that? But Lorelei had gone on another level - maybe it was all the emotions from the past days, or having read those files, her missing father, and her lack of proper sleep, but she was completely psyched out.

"Just calm down, Lora-" Dustin reached his hands out carefully.

"Calm down?" Lorelei breathed out with a nervous laugh "I have had the weirdest past couple of days Frizzy - and finding a literal monster with a thousand teeth in your bedroom is not helping!"

"I thought you said you knew about all this now?" Dustin asked carefully.

"In theory!" Lorelei's voice boomed "I read about some monsters and a girl with powers or some shit! But this- this is on another level! I mean, what the fuck were you thinking?"

"I know this isn't ideal," Dustin spoke apprehensively "but you're going to have to trust me."

Lorelei kept trying to control her breathing and the complete anger running through her veins. She glanced over at Dustin, her eyes narrowed and her mouth hanging open as she kept breathing in and out.

"You know about the lab?" he asked, with Lorelei nodding her head quietly "and the girl? And the monster?"

"Yes, Dustin!" she shouted "but I didn't really think that it could all be real. A part of me thought that - I don't know!" Lorelei groaned, burying her head in her hands.

Dustin watched her little freak out in silence, his hands sweating as he tried to make up a plan in his head. He looked over at the door for a moment before looking outside through the window and glancing back at Lorelei.

"Listen, we only have a while until my mother comes back from searching for Mews and-" he tried to explain.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! It ate Mews didn't it?" Lorelei interrupted, her eyes wide "you let that thing eat your mother's cat! Holy shit!"