Chapter 45

Avery POV

" Avery Pavol's here!" My mom calls from downstairs my heart immediately skips a beat the moment she mentions his name. Fumbling with my purse I quickly swing it over my shoulder and nervously run my fingers through my braids trying calm myself down. How long has it been since we've been together? I've missed him so much and just the thought of seeing him again is making me so nervous.

"Avery" my mom calls out again. Looking in the mirroir I quickly adjust my light blue summer dress and the silver necklace around my neck before giving my self a once over. I hope he will like it.

Quickly rushing down the stairs I nearly miss a step when I see Pavol standing at the door with flowers in his hands. My heart flutters and a smile grows on my face and before I know it I'm being embraced in his arms. Feeling his arms around me once again is pure bliss and the scent of strawberries that emanates off him is highly intoxicating. My fingers grip onto his shirt as I bury my face in the crook of his neck. 

" I-I've missed so much Pavol," I say in a strained voice. Tears of joy and fervour lightly spill down my face and soak the collar of his suit. 

"Moi aussi mon amie. Je t'aime." He says squeezing me before pulling back and kissing my on the cheek. His thumb graces my cheek as he looks lovingly into my eyes with the utmost affection. How is it his stare makes me feel like the only girl in the world?

 "Oh you two are too two cute I just need to take a photo." My mom says fangirling before pulling out her phone and taking a step back.  She gestures for me to straighten up and for Pavol to rest his arm around my torso. 

"Perfect," she says smiling ear to ear before taking the photo. 

"Oh, my baby Avery is growing up so fast." She says pursing her lips and resting her hands over her heart. 

Her actions alone have me feeling incredibly embarsssed so I cover my face with my hand trying to somehow hide from the embarrassment. 

"Well shall we go my love." Pavol says grabbing my hand and intertwining our hands. I give a light nod and with that, we are off.

***

Once we all reach the restaurant the waiter brings us to our reserved table. I'm surprised at the elegant aesthetic of this entire place. Im mean I've been to fancy restaurants but never French fancy. Pavol pulls out my chair gesturing for me to sit before quickly sitting next to me as his mother, dad and Miguel sit across from us. 

After ordering it doesn't take too long for the food to arrive. Soon I'm faced with bourride fish stew and a glass of sparkling water. Pavol hands wonders to mind and interlaces our fingers before he picks up his fork and take a bite of his shrimp. 

My face heats up as both his parents stare at us. Do they think handholding is inappropriate in this type of setting ?! Should I pull my hand away? I gulp anxiously and slowly reach for my sparking water before taking a sip. Once I set my drink down Pavol's mother speaks. 

" Avery I must say I've never seen Pavol so happy ." I nearly choke on air as I start coughing caught off guard. Pavol pats me on the back slowly rubbing circles until I regain my composure. 

" I know I may be a bit stern however I assure you that I am very kind-hearted. "She says looking directly at me. I feel a bit weird like I'm about to be lectured by a teacher or something.

" Avery we've noticed a positive change of behaviour in Pavol recently and I just want to thank you for that." She says with a warm smile.

" Maman," Pavol says pausing on his food and staring at her while flushing in embarrassment. 

"C'est vrai. You have improved your behaviour all thanks to Avery and I Avery I must thank you for that." She says once again. I don't know how to react so I just nod my head and politely return the smile and I slowly begin freaking out inside. Is this a French people thing? For parents to express the appreciation and gratitude to their son's girlfriend?!" My eyes fall on Miguel to see him barely holding in a laugh. He sits there looking from me to Pavol with his cheeks puffed up with air threatening to spill a giggle.

" Pardon, mais this is too funny." He suddenly says breaking out in laughter. A catch the laughing bug too as a light giggle erupts from within this is followed by Pavol's father then mother. Soon we're laughing just because and the mood suddenly lightens. 

"Hey let us eat." Pavol's father says raising his glass up. 

" Santé!" 

***

Dinner goes by in a flash and before I know it I'm back at home hugging Pavol goodbye. 

"Oh, Pavol this night was wonderful and and... well I can't find he right words but I really appreciate your family." 

He pulls back from our hug to look at the me. The full moon has cast a cold white glow over his face giving him another worldly glow. 

" My love, now that I have you I don't know how I've lived my life so long without you." He tips my chin up as he stares deep into my eyes. A light warm wind breezes past us ruffling his hair. 

"Avery you are my everything." I feel my heart skip a beat as the words leave his lips.

"If there is such a thing as soulmates then I believe you are mine." He says his lips hovering above mine. I never believed in the soulmate's stuff or love at first sight but this feeling that I have this connection is too real to deny is it possible that Pavol is my soulmate?

"Avery I need you to know that wherever this life takes us just promise me that you'll always keep me in your heart." He says faintly above a whisper. I watch silently still as his eyes search mine with the utmost love and emotion.

"Yes, I promise." And with that, we are kissing under the moonlight.