Chapter 44

Pavol POV

A few months later

I can't believe it myself but I was able to hold out from seeing Avery for months on end whilst being in this hell hole. To the person who thought shipping their kids to disciplinary school would fix them was terribly wrong. As a matter of fact, I think my experience in this all-boys high school has just made me hate school even more.  

Not only do we have limited freedom but we also participate in these archaic lessons of how to be a modelled citizen blah blah blah. 

After a multitude of conversations back and forth with my parents, I was able to convince them to let me come back home for the summer as their original plan was to make me stay the rest of the summer with my uncle. If that had gone through I'm afraid I would have gone crazy. I don't have anything against my uncle but his way of life Is too different from mine. I mean he enjoys waking up at the crack of dawn before going on morning walks and then coming back to wake me up at 6 a.m so I can do some studying before school starts. Not really my cup of tea.

It's felt like eons but I'm finally coming home!

Feeling jittery from the anticipation of coming home, I begin packing the rest of my things away in my suitcase before zipping it up. It doesn't take long to arrive at the train station and with my train ticket in one hand and my phone in the other, It finally feels like I can breathe once again. I kiss my phone in an extra manner as I whisper to myself.

"Oh, how I've missed you my sweet ." I turn around to see my uncle sitting on the train station bench filling in his crossword puzzle.

"See you around uncle." My uncle waves me goodbye as I step onto the train and make my way to my seat the moment I plop down a smile is already forming on my face as the thought of Avery comes rushing to my mind. I stare out the window as the train begins to move, as the train station is replaced with rural pasture I can't help but calm as I know that my Avery awaits me back at home.

***

My heart nearly skips a beat when the door swings open revealing her.  I pull her into my arms right then and there and the feeling of having her in my arms after so long is better than I had ever imagined. I engulf her in a bear hug never wanting to let go as she rests her head in the crook of my neck. I place my nose on her neck inhaling her scent. I nearly lose control when she pecks me on the cheek. 

"I've missed you Pavol." My heart melts when she looks up at me with her wide brown eyes. Without a word, my lips crash into hers as I pull her body tightly against mine. I kiss her with such passion and such vigour that my hands absent-mindedly wander up and under her shirt.

"Pavol, 

Pavol

,Pavol,

Pavol!"  

" Pavol wake up!" My eyes pop open only to see my mother staring down at me. She pulls out a suit from behind her causing me to sit up confused. Rubbing my eyes I immediately pull the blanket up over my body realizing that there's a wet spot on my boxers. 

Merde.

" You need to try this on," my mom says laying the crisp suit down on my bed. I sit up staring at the suit confused. 

" Attendre maman pourquoi j'ai un nouveau suit in the closet." I say yawing. She cocks a brow and looks back at the closet. 

" Pavol you haven't worn that suit in 6 years." I stare blankly at her and then back at the closet. 

" Oh," I say.

"Pavol just try on the suit so I know it fits remember we have the end of the year graduation dinner tomorrow." Rubbing my face the gears begins to turn in my head. J'ai oublié cela. At every end of the year, my parents take me and Miguel out to some boujie restaurant to congratulate us on our hard work. 

" umm maman." I say a little hesitantly. She glances at me gesturing for me to speak. 

"Do you think I'd be able to bring Avery too?" I say with puppy dog eyes. My mother looks at me before sighing.

" Pavol I'll have to think about it... but since going to that new school I have picked up on some new change in your behaviour," she says taking a seat on my bed. She stares at the suit before ruffling my hair and standing up.

"We'll see ." She says simply before walking out. 

***

I've been waiting anxiously all day for my mother's decision on whether Avery can accompany me to the dinner and my nerves finally tense when she knocks on the door and walks into the room which her arms folded tightly across her chest. 

"Papa and I have been thinking..." She pauses making me even more anxious before she continues speaking.

"And... we've decided that..." My fingers curl around my bedsheets as I wait for her to continue.

"Avery can come to dinner."

"Oui!" I shout out in joy. She raises a hand signalling to be quiet.

"But, I assure you she can only come if you stay on your best behaviour." She says with a faint smile.

"Oui, bien sûr maman," I say jumping out of bed and hugging her. She in turn runs her hands through my hair as she plants a kiss on my forehead.

"You really like her don't you." She says swooping a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Non, Maman I love her." I say wholeheartedly.

"Okay." she says before patting me on the back. She walks towards the door but pauses at the frame before turning around.

"Oh make sure to go to the barbers tomorrow your hair is a mess." She says before silently closing the door behind her. I frown and run a hand through my hair.

It's not that bad.

Make sure to leave a like and comment ;)