➣ fifty four

l u k e

when i woke up the next morning, i realised i wasn't in my own bed. the more i woke up, the more i realised i wasn't even in my own home - i was at calum's.

i can remember every little detail about last night now that i ha woken up fully. i just hope calum doesn't find me disgusting.

i remember how i was a few months ago - happy, cheerful, feeling like i had the best girlfriend in the world etc. now i feel dull. like some source of happiness has grown away and left me, begging for company. however, i know i'm not lonely - far from that. i'm not depressed either, i just feel different, like my life is testing me by throwing problems at me to watch me as i struggle.

when i got out of bed, i found my way down to the kitchen, only to find calum in his natural habitat - i can't blame him, though.

"hey." i greet as i walk to where he was standing, making bacon and eggs.

"good morning. how was your sleep?" he asks, turning his attention onto me. i smile, nodding. "that's good." calum smiles back, concentrating back onto his cooking.

i sit down on the stool at the island, and wait for him to finish making breakfast.

"what day are we getting back onto the road?" i question, actually really interested in knowing the answer. it feels like ages since we've been on tour, and i really miss it.

"i'm not quite sure yet, but i know what we're doing today." calum replies, happily. i wonder about what he sad. what would we be doing?

"what's that?" i ask, leaning on my elbows, as they rested on the bench. "two words, theme. park." calum turns to me and grabs the pan with him. he bends over to grab two plates, then pours the food onto the plates.

"really!?" i raise my voice, excited for when we leave. i love theme parks, especially the scary rides, like roller coasters. they're my favourite.

"yeah. we're going at 12pm, so we better eat this quickly, because it's 11.15 now and we need to stop by your house to grab clean clothes."

"true," i state. then, a sudden thought came to my mind, "wait, what about my mum? what if she doesn't let me go?"

"don't worry!" calum winks, "got that sorted. when i drop you off, just run to your room and change, then come back out."

"okay."

=

when calum parked in my drive way, i quickly ran inside my house and my room. i threw off my shoes and tore off my shirt as i speedily tried to change fast for calum.

i chucked a fall out boy band tee shirt on as i pulled down my pants and boxers. i changed them quickly then slipped on my socks and shoes.

after i was happy with what i was wearing, i charged into the bathroom to style my hair.

once my appearance was what i hoped for, i ran back out, saying a quick good-bye to my mum before climbing into calum's car.

"that was awfully quick. next time i'm going to time you." calum laughed as he pulled out of my drive way, turning left.

the drive there was weird. the chatter was on and off, and the music was playing low - that was until i heard one of my favourite songs at the moment, and turned it up.

"last years wishes, are this years apologies, every last time i come home." i sing, humming to the tune.

"i take my last chance, to burn a bridge or two, i only keep myself this in the head cause i know how the words to get you." i continue to sing.