The sound of birds chirping awoke the young woman. She stretched before standing up and rubbing sleep from her eyes. She blindly walked the path to the room she had spent most of her time in while in the castle, the map room. 

The map room was a large room that had maps lining the walls along with bookcases filled with books about geography. Globes of various sizes also filled the room, reminding Y/N of how big the world truly was. 

She stumbled her way into a seat and opened a bookmarked book about all the buildings in Styria. She had spent her weeks trying to pinpoint Hector's location. 

Hector. 

He had consumed her thoughts and been the reason for her nightmares. 

Not a day went by when she didn't think about how he was doing. They had never been apart for so long before.

She wished she pushed him harder to stay, begged him. 

Maybe if she tried harder than so many people wouldn't have died. 

No!

She shook her head free of the doubtful thoughts. Those lives weren't on her. 

Hector had killed them, he killed those innocent people. 

"Y/N?" 

Thud!

The book clattered to the ground. 

"Sorry," the dhampir muttered as he picked up her book and handed it back to her. 

"Don't worry about it," she offered him a smile, "I was caught up in my head." 

He placed a cup of tea in front of her and took the seat beside her, "You got up earlier than usual." 

She picked up the cup, "I did," she took a sip of the tea and moaned in satisfaction, "Tastes like heaven every time." 

"I'm glad you like it," he grinned and Y/N was afraid that if she stared at the bright expression for too long then her eyes would sting, "Are you planning on taking a break?"

Y/N pushed the book away from herself, "I might as well. I don't feel like reading anymore."  

"How is your research coming along?" he took a sip from his own cup. 

"There are so many structures and buildings in Styria. I don't know where he is," she fretted as she stared down at her tea. 

The sudden warmth on her shoulder caused her to look up at the dhampir, "I believe that you will find him, though you shouldn't worry yourself to death about things that you can not change."  

She grinned at his affirming words, "Thank you." 

Her eyes directed her attention to his wild golden locks, they were twisted and she could see some knots in the gold mass. She reached her hand to his hair and twirled some strands in her fingers.

She chuckled, "Your hair is so unruly." 

His cheeks tinged a light pink. 

Her eyes flashed, "You must let me brush it."  

"I have no objections to that." 

With that pleasing response, Y/N grabbed Alucard and led him out of the room, "Straight after breakfast you will hand me a brush so I can tame the knots in your hair." 

The duo raced to the kitchen to begin making breakfast together. 

🧭

"I can't believe how many night creatures are still roaming about," the Speaker commented as the last creature burned to a crisp, "It's getting a little monotonous at this point."