A Drunken Mistake - She's my rock.

Start from the beginning

The hold Michael has on me is a different story. His hold is one of fear, and of being insecure. He has the hold that he’s well aware of, the hold over me to make me do anything that he wants me to out of terror. The feeling of this hold is the complete opposite of Dylan’s.

Dylan’s hold on me makes me scared, but just purely on the fact that I don’t know what I would do without him. Michael’s scares me because of what he does.

Maybe now that he’s been arrested, the hold may be gone. I can’t help but hope.

“You’re going to be okay Katy, you know that right?” Dylan asks me.

“You’re not going to leave me?” I ask.

He looks surprised and appalled at my question.

“Never,” he states firmly.

“Then I’ll be okay.”

The police station is filled with noise, arguments and complaints coming from every corner. People sit on seats all over the room, some criminals, others innocent.

We walk to the front desk, trying to avoid the different gazes that I can feel trained on us.

“Hi, we’re here to see Officer Sheldon,” Dylan states, completely oblivious to the female officer’s heated stare in his direction.

Her look makes me want to rip her hair out, but somehow I don’t think that would go down well in a police station.

Her smile that she sends his way screams ‘I’m trying to flirt with you’ and the simple action of it nearly causes me to pounce across the desk.

“Of course, he said we would be expecting you. Can you state your name please?” she directs this question solely at Dylan, completely ignoring that I’m here.

“Katy Taylor and Dylan Thompson,” I answer for us, forcing her to look in my direction. I give her the fakest smile I can manage as she starts to size me up.

She smiles at me, but anyone can see it’s more of a grimace.

“Yes okay then, just go through the next door on the right and once you reach his door just knock, he’ll call you in,” she starts directing at me but quickly changes her eye contact and locks it in on Dylan.

I swear to god this bitch is going down.

“Thank you,” Dylan smiles tightly as he starts to pull me down the hallway.

“You’re welcome,” I hear her purr behind me, causing me to quickly look at her and give her the darkest look I can before the double doors close behind me.

Well, what a whore.

“Okay, well she was practically eye raping you,” I state at him once we’re safely away from the class A tramp.

“What?” he asks me, genuinely looking puzzled.

“Oh come on, you must have noticed. Officer Slut Face on the front desk, I swear to god if you could undress someone with your eyes, you would have been standing there naked,” I point out to him.

He still looks puzzled.

“I honestly didn’t notice,” he says.

Guys can be so dense.

“Anyways, I only have eyes for one girl, no room for any others,” he half smiles over at me.

Aw now that was sweet.

“Oh yeah? Who’s the girl?” I smile at him.

He looks over at me, a proper smile finally gracing his lips.