𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮

Start from the beginning

"Well, I hear more from Alison now than when she was alive." Spencer replied.

"You guys, I thought we decided A wasn't Toby. A was happy to have Toby out of the picture." Hanna said.

"How do we know that Toby didn't just send that text?" Aria asked. I guess she's right.

"Why are we suddenly trusting A? A made a fake bracelet to mess with us." I said. That's what we should really be thinking about.

Finally, Emily joined us. We haven't seen her.

"Emily, hey, where've you been?" Hanna asked.

"Yeah, why weren't you at Spencer's last night?" I added.

"I know. I'm sorry. I didn't get out of practice until really late so I just went home and crashed. So, what did I miss?" She asked. She has no idea...

"Well, we studied. They studied and I annoyed them. And Alison's memorial got trashed." Hanna revealed.

"Yeah, I heard." Emily let out sadly. So she does know.

Aria tapped me on the shoulder. "What is she doing here?"

I looked out the window to see Ella. That's odd.

Aria and I excused ourselves to go see. We haven't really seen her since she moved out. We've been meaning to go over for dinner...but it's just odd, you know?

"Mom, what are you doing here?" Aria asked.

"Oh, I tried calling you guys, but your phones must be off for the test." She told us. That still doesn't answer the why.

"Why are you here?" I asked. Not meanly, of course. Just curious.

"They called and said they needed proctors. I'm on the sub list." Ella revealed. She is?

"You are?" Aria and I both asked.

"Mhm."

"Since when?" Aria asked.

"Well, since they cut my hours at the gallery and I'm paying rent to live above it. I filled out an application last Monday."

"What, to teach?" I asked.

She nodded.

"Why didn't you tell us?" I then asked.

"Well, sweetie, I was going to when you guys came over for dinner but you canceled on Monday...and Tuesday and then on Wednesday."

I am a horrible daughter. And she isn't even my birth mother.

"This week has been intense." Aria tried.

"I understand. I just, you know, would like to see you guys in the flesh." She let out and then saw our faces. "But you don't really plan on ever coming over, do you?"

I sighed and looked down. I want to, I really do. But it's hard.

"I can't. If I do, it's like I'm saying I'm okay with you and dad living apart." Aria told her.

"But we are." Ella let out.

"I know. Just cause you were ready for this, doesn't mean that we are." Aria told her and walked away. I stayed for a moment.

"You girls are like twins. You were since you were little. You did everything together." She let out. I smiled at her.

"It's just hard because I love you and I love Byron and it's just...tough to see the only parents I've ever known apart."

She nodded. "I understand, Belle. You don't have to explain yourself to me." She paused. "Just because we're apart doesn't mean we love you any less. You'll always be our girl."