𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮

Depuis le début

"Can we just drop it, please? I'm not looking for anything more than a friend." Aria replied. Her and Ezra are on the outs right now. Hanna knows she hung up on a guy, but she doesn't know it's our english teacher.

"Why? Don't you have enough on Facebook?" Hanna asked her. "Besides, don't you want someone real? Someone you could, I don't know, scratch and sniff?"

"Ew." I let out. Scratch and sniff is not the word combination I would use.

"Look, I am trying to help out a friend here. We don't all have smokin' hot ball boys from the country club." Hanna said to Spencer. Well, she's right.

"What is going on with you and Alex? Is he back from that tournament?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's back." Spencer replied nonchalantly.

"And?" I pressed.

"And...it's good. It's so good. I want it to last, but I'm afraid I'm gonna blow it."

"So, when can we officially call him the boyfriend?" Aria asked her.

Before we could answer, Spencer's mom was coming in.

***

The next morning, we were at the school walking in with Spencer and her mom. There was a storm raging outside. The stupid test should have just gotten cancelled. The only reason Veronica came in is because she wanted to know if it was going to be cancelled.

Alex is also taking the test here and he just met Spencer's mom for the first time. There was this weird tension between them for two people who have never met.

A woman who works here approached us. "Test is on today. Rosewood students should register in the library."

"But, like, half the school isn't here yet." Hanna said.

"And the may never make it. We saw this huge tree down on Sawmill road and they've already closed off York street." Veronica added.

Before anyone could say anything, Wilden spoke up. I didn't even know he was here. "That wasn't because of a tree. York street's been closed since last night."

"Why?" Veronica asked. Wilden came over to us.

"Somebody decided to pay a visit to Alison DiLaurentis' memorial and destroy it. Shattered the tiles, broke the bench." Wilden revealed.

Are you fucking kidding me? My eyes just about popped out of my head. Who would do this? Why? She's dead for christ's sake.

"What?" Aria shouted.

"W-When did this happen?" I exclaimed, barely able to form the sentence.

"We had to cordon off the area given it's an ongoing murder investigation." Wilden replied. I'm going to be sick.

"Maybe you can spare them the details. They're about to take their SATs." Veronica said, just as surprised. Of course Wilden would rub this in our faces now.

"Right. Good luck on the test, ladies." He said and walked back.

We were quiet for a moment. We didn't know what to say.

"We should probably get to the library." Spencer muttered and walked off. We followed.

We got in there and got our books out.

"I can't believe it was trashed." Hanna let out.

"Just when you thought that A would give it a rest." I sighed.

"It's like Toby had to kill Alison all over again." Spencer added. I don't think this was Toby. His motorcycle crash was bad.

"Toby? What do you mean, Toby? His motorcycle was totaled. Isn't he dead?" Hanna asked.