Chapter 56. Dogs of the Inu Clan

Start from the beginning

After walking for awhile, we were startled by a roar. Curious of what happen, we followed where the noise had came from. Once we came to the origin of the noise, we saw a small dog eared girl in front of a 8ft bear. The girl had light brown hair, turquoise colored eyes, and a large red necklace bead around her neck.

As the bear raises it's paw, I was determined to jump out and save her. But it seems that my help wasn't needed because in a split second, the dog eared girl threw a powerful punch on the bears stomach and sent him flying backwards and crashing into the tree. He was out cold. I was surprised by her strength. I didn't think someone her size could knock out a bear with one hit. Her arms are tiny...and also thin, how did she do that?

Dog eared girl: Phew...that'll do. (Happy drooling face)hehe...you look tasty..(wipes away drool)

Zelphi: Hey, are you okay?

Dog eared girl: (turns around) Huh...(smile) I'm okay! Just a little hungry, but okay! (Happy Drooling face again) Haa..I can't wait until tonight!

Zelphi: What? Is there something special happening?

Dog eared girl: Uh-Huh! Very special! My clan is making an offering to Byakko in hopes for it to return. This bear I just beat up is my share for the offering.

Zelphi: Huh? Only to Byakko, why not to all of the other kings?

Ryujin: Zelphi, you should know. Different clans worship different kings. It all depends on what region they're from. To the south, Suzaku the vermilion bird is worshipped by the winged creatures. Genbu the black tortoise is worshipped by the beast from the sea. Seiryuu the Azure dragon is worshipped by reptiles and amphibians. The dragons also used to worshipped him but now, I'm the only one. Finally Byakko the white tiger is worshipped by fur creatures that walk on four legs

Dog eared girl: Yup! Yup! The silver hair man is right! My name is Inami! I am a dog from the Inu clan!

Aru: Rauf! (Hey, over here!)

Inami: Hi there Fenrir puppy!

Aru: Rauf! Auf! (Listen, I need your help)

Inami: Huh? What is it?

Aru: Rauf! Rauf! Aryuu! (We are trying to find the 4 kings. I'm tracking them by scent but I am barely able to tell where it's coming from. You are a dog so you should have a better sense of smell than Fenrirs and wolfs. Will you help us find the 4 kings?)

Inami: Geez..I dunno...

Zelphi: What did Aru say?

Aru: The Fenrir puppy tells me that she needs my help to find the kings.

Zelphi: What?! Is Aru not able to find them?

Inami: Just barely. Fenrirs are known for just their loyalty, wolfs are great at hunting, and the dogs are the best at tracking.

Zelphi: So will you help us?

Inami: Mm..I have to ask my general first. But why don't you come with me to our manor! You can ask the general about it and besides, tonight is a special occasion! Oh but, those two kitsunes are not invited.

Aoi: That's fine with us! We don't want to go anyway!

Ena: (firmly nodding head)

We follow Inami to a manor not far from here. While we walk, she single handedly carried the 600 pound bear over her shoulder. How is she doing that! It's like about 10 times her weight!

Inami: Yune! Come out! I brought my share for the offering!

When Inami yelled out, a girl with long black hair open the door. She had dog ears, black eyes, and a iron collar with broken chains.

Yune: What did you bring home his time?

Inami: (drooling) Bear meat! I want it well done and cut into slices. Also salt it a bit and make sure it's nice and juicy! Hehe.. Meat always taste good no matter what so just cook it the way you usually do.

Yune: Inami, this is a special occasion...I'm going all out.

Inami: Yes! Please do!

Once we went inside the manor, I saw many dogs and dog eared people everywhere. Fauna got along with them way too quickly, she seems very happy. Ena and Aoi are waiting outside, they don't seem to like canines very much. I sometimes wonder what happened between their races. Just then one of the dogs ran up to Inami. The dog somewhat resembles her.

Dog: Arf! Arf!

Inami: Buddy! How are you?! Did you miss me! Aww...you are just..so..cute!! Hey! This is my friend. He doesn't have a name yet so I just call him buddy! Why don't you say hi!

After we said hi to Buddy, Inami led us to a room with a grand design. In the room, I spotted a man with silver hair and red eyes. He had black dog ears and a black tail, he is also holding a black color fan and is dressed in fancy cloths. Must be because of the special occasion.

Inami: General! You have visitors!

Dog general: It seems that the visitors are foreigners, now that's rare! Allow me to introduce myself. I am called Inugami, the leader of all the dogs in the Inu clan. Please to make your acquaintance. Now, why have you come to visit me?

Zelphi: We are finding the four kings and we need Inami to-

Inugami: Sure! You can take her, go ahead!

Huh? Is it just me or did he agreed a little too quickly.

Zelphi: Uh..are you sure it's alright?

Inugami: If it's to find Byakko, then I want Inami to join your cause.

At night, they began the ritual. First Inugami made an offering to the statue of Byakko and then pray. After that, there was a celebration and an feast. Tons of food were piled on the table and everyone was wild. Inugami grabbed everyone's attention and raised his cup.

Inugami: A toast to Zelphi and her companions. May we wish her the best of luck to find Byakko! Cheers!!

Everyone said cheers and drank their wine. As I watch them, I saw Inami gobbling down large amounts of meat. Amazing..her stomach is like an endless pit. How is it that for someone so small, she is able to eat so much. Well...I should've expected that since she's also super strong too.