𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊

"As in the descendant of Merlin?"

You stare at Tom Riddle with wide eyes, not believing what he just said.

"Excuse me, what?" You answer his question with another one.

"The (L/n) family is known as the descendants of Merlin, your father is also (F/n), a bright wizard" he explains, still looking at you.

You are confused that your family is known in the harry potter universe.

"Yes...how did you know that?" you inquire curiously.

"I read about it"

Anyone who doesn't know the young dark lord's personality would have been confused by what he meant.

But, you know exactly what he meant by his words.

You know that Tom has been searching for his family heritage.

"Let us walk together to class"

Tom says, then starts walking without even waiting for your response.

You feel compelled to follow him, and his influencing attitude forces you to do so.

Tom Riddle looks like those charismatic gentleman characters from a movie in the 30s or 40s.

The moment you reach class with Tom, you feel your heart drop in your chest, as the eyes of professor Slughorn drop on you and Tom.

"Tom, I thought you were going to be late, but you are on time as usual" the older wizard praises.

A smile appears on the boy's face, as he nods his head at the professor.

"I was trying to help (L/n) to class, as she was lost" Tom explains in a polite tone.

"Ten points for helping out, Mr. Riddle, you two can now take your seats"

The fact that Slughorn only paid Tom attention, made you relax.

Some girls glare at you, while others whisper, while you walk.

"Sit beside me"

The Slytherin boy orders with a blunt voice, placing his books on the table, as you were about to go and sit with your house.

This made some of Tom's followers shocked, especially Malfoy and Rosier.

One of them always sits by his side, now you get the honor? Some unknown Hufflepuff girl.

They find it harmful to their egotistical nature.

You slowly sit beside him, more nervous than ever.

Through the first ten minutes, you feel lost, something which Tom notices.

"Where are your books?" he asks in a whispering voice.

"I forgot them"

Your answer makes him narrow his eyes slightly.

Tom expected a lot from you, you should have been a Slytherin like your ancestor, also smart.

In his eyes, the only thing good about you is three things, your looks, heritage, and blood status.

Something, which Tom finds beneficial to him in more than one way.

He could restore his family name by marrying you.

"Don't worry, I will help you" Riddle says with a sweet smile.

"I'm not good at potions" you utter out.

It's true, you never tried making potions before in your life.

The dark-haired boy grabs your right hand gently and places an extra writing feather in it.

Leaning his face closer to yours, a smirk appears on his face.

"I will teach you"