// 66. the plan //

matty's pov

"fuck me, what if she said no? what a piss take, that'd be a nightmare" i was intensely overthinking the scenario, george and the guys was helping me plot a surprise i wanted to do for gabby—it's a very serious matter that requires commitment and maybe a ring.

yes, that's right lads—engagement, i've been plotting this for a month now and i can't seem to plan it properly. the guys have been trying their best to help me execute this successfully, which i am really glad for, "nah mate, i have a feeling she won't—she already looks like she'd want to spend her life with you, so why say no?" adam laughed and sat beside me on the couch, i was at the studio with the lads writing new stuff and ideas for album number five and also plotting the surprise i have for my precious woman—gabby was going out and about with lizzy and camila somewhere, they were gonna buy something i don't know what it is.

"that'd be embarrassing if she said no, and if you're planning to do that on our show—there's thousands of people watching" ross came in laughing—trying to tease me, "that's not helping ross" george chided and smacked ross lightly in the arm, "just kidding, i agree that gabby will definitely give you the 'yes', i think she's ready and just waiting for you to maybe pop the magical question" ross shrugged and took a picture of his salad, putting it out on the internet.

"you're eating healthy foods now, yeah?" george gave him a face and snatched his salad to take the first bite, "whatchu mean mate? i've always been eating healthy" ross took back the plastic container and kept it all to himself.

"okay matty, i say we—you do that on our show, credits to ross' idea" he gave ross—who was busy with his salad—a salute, and the mentioned lad looked at us and smiled in triumph, "should i? fuck, this is harder than i thought" i let out a heavy sigh and grabbed the ice tea on the table in front of me, "you should, that way—the fans who have been with us for a lot of years, could witness another special chapter that will open for you" george nodded as an agreement to what adam had said.

"i agree, it'll not be only a special moment for you but for them also. you're sharing happiness if you put it that way." ross butted it while passing the plastic container of his salad to adam, who gave him a look at first before opening his mouth to consume. "well—i think you guys are right, it's settled then i guess. propose at the concert, i'll take a quick mental note of that." i pointed a finger in the air as a 'i have the idea noted' sign, and stood up to go to my guitar and play the tune i had in my mind a while ago.

i'll try to write a song out of this, as it looks worthy of trying. i got an inspiration—of course gabby then the time i spent two months in new york two years ago to work, where the catastrophic matter had happened.

i snatched some paper and pen nearby and started to write stuff down that could serve as a lyric for this song i was composing.

"and no-one here in new york
can do me like you do
fill my bed with roses
we're smashing up the room
i flew out here for diamonds
and all i got was broke
but the only thing worth chasing, is you"

my main idea for this song was, of course it was inspired by a true event that had happened in our relationship. but this one tackles the outcome if i—we hadn't fixed the relationship, y'know? like the result of gabby not accepting me back again, what would possibly happen or what i would possibly do after that.

and it could also be a love letter for gabby whom i loved and still continuing to love for years now, could be my way of saying how i love her and i have no idea what to do if ever she's not by my side anymore.