// 57. guy from the past //

i looked over my phone to see it was already eight in the morning here and that means it's three in the morning in new york with five hours in difference —where matty was—and that also means that he's probably still fast asleep, matty and the guys had worked on tons of things there and i can't imagine how tired they were, it's been three weeks since matty left for new york.

the first week was really unusual for me, not getting to see him right here beside me was hard. but i was getting the hang of it, as i should be—traveling is a part of his job, and dream and not all the time i can go with him. i reached my arm out to fetched my sketchpad and started doodling random stuff, i've started to have interest in arts again lately, and i painted and sketch a lot of things on the canvas and papers.

this was the thing that keep me really entertained and busy while waiting for matty and while matty's away. i started to sketch a person, starting from its head—the tip of my pencil gently gliding and brushing against the smooth white paper, this was therapeutic for me—my brain seems to work a lot and produce fantastic ideas which made me really impressed.

matty has been my judge, when we get to facetime i show him my works and he would always tell me how good i was at everything. which made me really happy—especially coming from him who had like millions of talent, i couldn't be more happier. i was in the middle of having my daily reverie when i heard my phone made a noise, someone was calling and i immediately knew who it was, i hastily picked my mobile up and swiped the answer button.

matty's voice greeting me, —his voice that i missed so much— "hello, darling" he voice was raspy, i guess he just woke up and to note that it was still three in the morning in new york—he got up really early. "hey, why are you up so early? it's three in there" i was confused but was also happy to hear his voice, "ah, i got thirsty and just got some water. i thought that you're probably already up, have you eaten yet?" he asked on the other line.

i switched my phone from left ear to the right and held my pencil with my left hand, "yeah i just did a while ago, you should go back to sleep. i know you're very tired and exhausted." i insisted, as i really wanted for him to rest more and regain his energy that he probably gave out the time they were working on their music stuff, "you're right love, i should. hmm, fuck i miss you" he cursed under his breath and groaned, "i know baby, i miss you more" my lips formed a smile, my heart was fluttered by the way he called me love with that raspy voice of his.

"can i facetime you for a bit before i go back to sleep again? i just want to see your pretty face, you can do whatever you're doing, i'll just stare at you" i giggled at his request and immediately facetimed him which he answered with speed.

"oh fuckety fuck, that beautiful face" he had his hands under his chin and gave me a smile, "i love you" he softly said, his hair was a mess, he was shirtless—from what i can see under the blanket that was over his body.

"i know were facing each other through the screen but i can sense where your eyes are looking at" he smirked and chuckled, which made my eyes unpinned itself from where it was looking at earlier. "do you want a better view of me being shirtless? you can tell me darling, y'know i'd do anything for you" he gave me a teasing wink which made me roll my eyes in humor, "really?" i was trying to test him, he shrugged and moved the blankets away from his body—revealing his upper body and his beautiful tattoos that i missed tracing.

i was speechless and got all red, he probably can't see it. "see?" he said in a cool tone, and ran a finger through his fluffy curls which made me want to put my hands through the screen and just tousle his hair.

"are you sketching, darling? i can see some pencils and your sketchpad" he asked, i looked at my table and back to him and nodded as an answer. "yeah i am" then matty changed his position in bed, he sidled his body—showing his torso that had no clothing on and said, "draw me like one of your french boys" he copied rose's dialogue in one of the titanic scene where rose wanted jack to draw her.