// 5. butterflies //

chapter song: mariposa - peach tree rascals

today was saturday, it means no school — erm..well obviously — and no homeworks because i already finished all of it last night.

school music fest was getting nearer and nearer and in two weeks it'll be our school dance — which everyone knows as 'prom' — where cheesy people dance to cheesy dances. yikes.

school dance is not really my type of jam, i'd rather sit in the corner of the room with those people who don't have a partner, rather than dancing with girls to a cringe-worthy dance. in conclusion, prom is shit.

not gonna take back what i said.

i mean it.

it was incredulous that people find it so exciting, there's nothing worth of my excitement about dancing. i know i'm sounding so irrationally bitter of it but it was the truth, don't come at me.

last night, me and my boys we're talking about school music fest when george brought up the school dance as a topic.

he was erratic about it, already had list of girls to ask out in mind — note that he had gabriella on his list, while ross and adam were still plotting who to invite.

while me, i'm utterly not interested in going nor in having to ask somebody out to the dance. the thought of me asking someone out was absurd.

i fled to the kitchen to grab some water, the contents of the refrigerator crashed against each other as i opened it. grabbed some cup and pour the water and drank it — drank three cups, i was very thirsty —.

then returned to my room upstairs.

then my phone let out a *beep* and it was a text from gabriella:

"look who's outside ;))"

- gabby

well if you're wondering how i got her number, — to make myself clear, she gave me her number, i didn't asked for it but why am i explaining myself anyway — she borrowed my phone and i'm guessing she got my number since she made a call on my phone.

then it automatically added her number to my contact list.

i hurriedly fled towards the window and saw her standing outside the door, her eyes traveling around. then she looked at my direction and waved her hand, "hurry down here!" she yelled.

"why are you here?" i was baffled, "ask me that later, now go down here!" she yelled again.

i looked at the mirror, and checked myself if i look presentable enough to go outside and face her. i look just fine.

i went downstairs towards the door and opened the door meeting her eyes, "why are you here?" i demanded again, then she finally answered my question, "planning to kidnap you" she chuckled.

"go fix yourself be here in a minute" she instructed, "are we going somewhere?" i questioned again.

"yeah, i need some company" oh that's why, "now please go hurry, my knees are about to break from standing here" she rolled her eyes, "o-oh sorry, come inside" i opened the door wider than it was earlier, and waited for her to come inside.

"after you" she motioned her hand for me to go inside, then she followed behind me.

"go sit there and i'll get ready" i said and went up the stairs.

and i took a peek for a second thinking what she was doing, she was roaming around the living room looking at our family pictures.

i went to my room and through the closet, looking for some decent clothes to wear outside.

threw on some plaid flannel, a basic white tee, some black trousers hanging on my closet door and my everyday white shoes.

i combed my hair and ran my hair through it, i think i'm good.

i went downstairs and saw her patiently waiting, sitting down the couch. i just noticed she was wearing a beautiful baby blue dress that suited her figure, her hair flowing down her shoulders.

"ready?" she stood up from her seat, "yeah, let's go shall we?" she asked.

i opened the door for her as she went out, i securely locked the door and grabbed my bike. i was holding my bike as we walked in the neighborhood, "the sun looks good huh" she said as she looked up the sky, her hands slowly raising up and covering the sun to not let the light it's giving blind her.

"too bad it's sunny, if it was raining i would run in the neighborhood and dance in the middle of the road" she added.

"i didn't disturb you back there, didn't i?" she asked with curiosity, i shook my head as an answer.

"not really, i was just grabbing some cup of water downstairs"

i'm slowly getting bored of walking so i mounted on my bike, "hop in" i said tapping the seat behind me and she did so.

she was seating sideways since she was wearing a dress.

"so where are we off to?" i asked since i have no idea of where are we going. "let's go to the park" she simply said.

then off we go to the park.

there's not much people when we reached the destination, which is good since i can have peace without the disturbance of the people's loudness.

i got off the bike and so she did, and started to walk towards a bench. i leaned the bike over at the side of the bench and sat, "glad there's not much people" i said, "they'll probably appear later" she sat down beside me.

"i can't wait for the music fest, i'm eager to see you guys there and play" she said with enthusiasm, "you already saw us play" i chuckled, "but it's exciting because loads of people will watch and see your talents"

she stood up and went at the fountain in front of us, i went beside her and watched her as she dipped her finger on the water. "oh it's warm" she said, then i tried to dip mine too, then suddenly bits of water splashed on my face.

then her laugh — that was like a music in my ears, not kidding — can be heard, "you asked for it" i said and splashed her with a little amount of water, then i laughed at her reaction.

her jaw dropped, can't believe i returned the action.

"you little —" she didn't finished her sentence when she started to chase after me, of cours i ran, so fast that my feet was going on it's own at a fast pace.

she was still keeping up not giving any sign of giving up.

"i surrender!!" i yelled and came to a stop, bending while holding my knees then she did too.

walked towards me and lightly smacked the back of my head. "what for?" i was confused but laughed it off, "why did you run" she asked looking slightly annoyed.

"because you started to run my way?" i answered more of like a question.

"silly i was going to smack your face, not chase you" she let out a soft chuckle, oh so she was not going to chase me but smack me.

"yeah? but you still chased me anyway" i playfully rolled my eyes at her.

"you run so fast, my knees were about to break into pieces" she wiped the small beads of sweat on her face with her handkerchief, then the next thing she did was unforeseen, it made butterflies go move again inside my stomach.

i never ate butterflies but why is my stomach full of it?

she wiped the sweat on my face with her handkerchief, she did it like it was nothing and it was remarkably normal — for her atleast. —

"your cheeks are tinted with crimson red, are you hot?" she was concerned, "let's go under that tree, it's no doubt cool under there" then she started to walk towards that tree she was saying.

i grabbed my bike and started to walk behind her, still not over her sudden action earlier that made me caught off guard.

what's with the sudden feeling of nervousness, cheeks being tinted with crimson red and butterflies?