// 48. how about a game? //

"today's news: british band the 1975 and management dirty hit has confirmed matty healy's relationship with highschool love interest, gabriella partridge"

i sipped on my coffee while i was watching the news in front of me, the news scattered around the media like lightning. ashley was catching up with all the not so unexpected happenings, "fucking god i'm so happy for you" ashley squealed and was holding both of my hand and doing an up and down motion because of excitement.

"so...how was it being with him so far?" ashley rested her elbow on the couch's backrest while her hand under her chin. anticipating for what i was about to reply, "it's been lovely, he's sweet, and just overall so nice— almost too good to be true" my eyes are probably filled with hearts just by talking about that man.

"you guys looked so good together, i'm so happy oh my god" her face didn't lie when she said how happy she was for me, she was showing me how i was so reprehensible to finally have a love like i have now.

she was so gratified just like how my mum and dad was. this girl right here is really a real one, "by the way, i ran into george earlier, he asked how were you doing" ashley suddenly brought up, ashley and the guys had met for a second time so i could properly introduce my friend to them. they clicked so well, i also thought george would be quite a match with this girl right here if she was single— ashley's already in a relationship.

"yeah? he's been away lately, probably was busy." i gazed at the tv that was now playing another show, i grabbed the remote control and turned it off.

"do you wanna go outside?" i stood up and got the house keys, phone and money. ashley nodded happily and followed me out the house, i got inside her car—sitting shotgun while she went on the other side to the driver's seat. "where are we going ma'am?" she asked as she inserted the car keys and started the engine, "can we go to a drive-thru, i'm hungry" i rested my head back and crossed my arms, "noted! let's go" she was enthusiastic and finally accelerated the car to drive to our destination— the drive-thru.

i connected my phone to the car's speakers and was scrolling to my music library to blast on some tunes, "play some taylor swift" ashley suggested while her eyes were pinned on the road, and i obeyed and played 22.

"oh yeah" she was getting hyped up as i was, this is my favorite thing to do with her, just casually jamming to our favorite songs inside the car. partying and enjoying each other's company, ashley's been my bestfriend for five years now.

"i don't know about you! but i'm feeling twenty-two!" we both sang—well almost like a scream— in unison while banging our heads like crazy, and then i hit my head, "pfft" ashley trying her best to not laugh, "oh my god, that hurts" i put my head on my forehead and laughed.

"that was loud" ashley was laughing so hard, "right? i just know this will leave a bump" i was laughing so hard that i nearly choked on my saliva.

"stop laughing or you're gonna choke to death" she giggled, and drove slowly as we approached the drive thru. "good day, what can i get for you?" the crew asked through that little speaker, we looked up to see the available menus and decided to go with the good ole cheese burger, chips and a soda for the both of us.

"please proceed to the next window to get your order" the attendant said, "thank you" then ashley began to accelerate the car towards the next window to get our goodies. "here's your order ma'am, have a great day" ashley reached her hands out to get the paper bag and handed it to me. we thanked the attendant and head on our way to the park, decided to eat our food there.

"this feels so great, two besties just hanging out" she looked at me and giggled, i took a sip from the straw and replied, "i missed hanging out with you" i gave her a smile and continued to eat my burger, "right? ugh matty's been stealing you away from me" she jokingly rolled her eyes that made me cackle.