// 47. the 'not so big' news //

gabby's pov

"matty! oh my god sweetheart it's been so long" my mum stepped outside the door and greeted me and matty with her embrace, dad was at the door and waved at us.

"come on in, oh my" mum led us inside, i held matty's hands and dragged him to sit down with me on the couch. dad sat on the opposite and looked at me with those teasing face, i chuckled and rolled my eyes, "hello sir" matty stood up and dad gave him a handshake, "hello matty, delighted to finally see you. heard a lot about you" dad said, he looked so happy to see matty indeed—just by looking at those smiles he is giving us.

"i hope it was the good ones" matty joked, then mum entered the scene who also laughed at what matty said. "of course, matty's a good boy" she said as she handed matty a glass of juice— orange one.

matty looked at me and winked, probably because of that 'good boy' comment mum gave. i lightly smacked his thigh and let out a silent giggle, "oh i forgot, i made brownies, give me a second" mum immediately fled to the kitchen to get her home baked brownies.

she came back with a small bag containing contents of her baked goods.

"bring these home, i know you missed it" mum mumbled to him and patted matty's shoulder. "wait" dad paused and looked at me then at matty, his eyes was suspicious— not in a bad way, and let that teasing smile plastered on his face again.

"are you two.." he pointed to the both of us, i nodded and looked at matty, who was also looking at me— he was beaming. "knew it!" he said in triumph, "of course you know it, they're all over the internet" mum broke dad's victory moment, matty laughed.

"well sir uh— i very much want to court your lovely daughter, but of course with your— blessing" matty gazed at me, my cheeks flushed red. i mean— he doesn't really need to..i'm already giving myself to him.

"oh my that's so sweet, what a gentleman" mum smiled at matty with love in her eyes— in a sense of a mother's love.

"you don't really have to ask for our permission, it's up to gabriella. but you're asking for it so might as well grant that" dad stood up and went towards matty, giving him a hug and patting his back.

"thank you very much sir" matty was delighted and was very much satisfied by my parent's answer. he looked at me and once again gave me 'that' wink, he looked really serious about that courting thing, don't tell me he's really gonna do that after owning me two times already.

should've done that before, but i'm not complaining. the idea of him courting me was a lovely image, but i'm already more than willing to give him my 'yes' right now.

matty stayed for about an hour, then told me he needs to go on an urgent meeting with the guys and their management. i sent him over to his car as my mum and dad was probably peaking over the window— spying at us like we were some highschool kiddos that needs parents supervision when together.

"so about that courting thing..are you really serious? well erm—i know you are but you really don't need to do that, you know" i was not skeptical that he will do it because he really looked so serious and was clearly not fooling around.

"yes love i'm very much serious, i already took something in you that can't be returned, so i'll return something that takes commitment and patience." he held my hand and kissed it, pulling me by my waist and locking me in his embrace.

drowning in his perfume, i breathed it all in. memorizing his scent, and placed a kiss on his collarbone, "oh god that tickles" he laughed, and i kissed it again.

"ugh i don't want this moment to end but i have to go, jamie's probably waiting for me" he looked so sad about this moment meeting its end, well not really the end but maybe just a pause for us. we both wanted to prolong everything, and just be with each other, but he has to go. must be really urgent.