// 7. playing on my mind //

today's the day of our school music fest, where students can participate to show their talent in music, may it be in a form of band, trio, duo, or just solo.

me and the band are just going for a one-take performance, we already did practice our performance on the last day of the weekend, sunday.

but we're just polishing everything so it'll be clean and nice, i made sure to bring everything i need. we got our instruments and everything so i think we're ready later, "this will be fun" george was smiling really hard. he must be really delighted to play, "right? i'm so excited i want to go out there now" adam was laughing and i did too.

they kept on babbling about how they excited they were and i understand, because i was feeling that at the moment too.

students who participated are already doing their performance on stage, we're just waiting for our turn and cue to go.

we've been here like for 20 minutes, we were still lounging in the room near the event.

gabriella didn't show up, or atleast i still haven't seen her since lunch ended.

was she going to ditch us? i thought she would love to watch us up there, then our teacher — who was managing the school event — called us and said we'll be up in a minute.

they we grabbed our intruments — the guitars — but of course george's drums were already up there, "come on boys, own the stage" mr. brown said with a smile.

she tapped adam's back and wished us goodluck too, then we finally went up stage. i don't know why but some students were, screaming? well i guess because they're happy, but it's nothing i am used of.

now our band started playing, our setlist was just two songs to not overtime too much.

(au bord de la mer)

"In a zen like state
I turn my car around in your drive
You've got a great apartment
It's such a shame we can't go inside"

the instrument's sounds were now blasting loud as i sang the first verse, students were singing too — we post our songs on the internet so maybe they found it or something — which i was surprised about.

"And she said;
"All the drinks are all on me"
And she said;
"All the drinks are all on me"
And all, and all, and all, and all, and all, and all, and all"

my eyes were traveling through the crowd seeing if i can spot gabriella somewhere, which i did, she was in the middle of the crowd. looking very happy at what she's seeing, watching and witnessing, she looks so amazed.

then she saw me looking at her, so she gave me a big smile and a thumbs up saying we're doing fine; it made me happy.

"Grab your shoes
And your bag
Grab a coat
We're home"

as i sang the bridge, students were also singing along which made me feel so fantastic that our performance were doing fine.

"And then she just flew back home
Then she just flew back home
And then she just flew back home
And then, and then
And she just flew back home
Then she just flew back home"

the song finally ended with people cheering so loudly, adam was waving — feeling the moment of fame, i joked —, we performed one more song which went smoothly good.