// 16. the 1975 //

the week ended in a flash, i rushed out our house and went straight to my bike and mounted on it.

i was gonna go to a bookstore to purchase a book, i began pedaling and making my way to the nearest bookstore.

it was already half past 1 in the afternoon, and my mum was out with the boys' mothers to have their girls day out. the sun was shining brightly, it didn't burn my skin, it was perfect.

then people were walking around, busy on things, some were busy talking, and some were strutting, and people just normally walking.

and i saw a person sitting on a bench, so incoherent with the happenings of the places around him, — he was just staring blanky at the concrete floor — he looks restless.

i plotted to go to an art museum after purchasing a book, it'll be utterly immense.

i've been interested in paintings lately, and wanted to maybe attempt making one.

but my mind was not agreeing, 'bet you can't even make one stroke' my mind chided. i was hesitating, it will be a mess — like i was.

and mind that it's gonna be obnoxious, i finally got to my first destination, i went inside the bookstore and started to search for something that is worth of reading.

i was floundering of making choice on what to get, they were many books that seemed to be okay, i can't choose any. i was having a dilemma, i supplanted the book that i had on my hands. i got something that had an interesting contents, and potent aura.

it was a poetry book by an author named jack kerouac, i was drawn to it.

so finally, with no contemplation and hesitation, i purchased it right away as it was the only copy that was in the shelf.

after that i got on my bike and decided not to go to the art museum for now and check the book out. i had a change of plans.

i pedaled my way to adam's home and quickly got off my bike and was rushing to go in front of the door and knocked a lot of times. "adam! open the goddamn door!" i yelled.

i traveled my eyes and saw gabby's home from a distance, they were people outside, and some boxes outside, and i though that maybe they were moving new things in.

probably doing a house make over or something.

then i looked again at adam's door, waiting for him.

then seconds after, i heart his footsteps rush down the stairs, he opened the door and rubbed his eyes.

i woke him up i guess.

"what the hell matty, you woke me up" he groaned, and opened the door wider, letting me inside. "why are you here?" he asked while grabbing a bottle of water inside the refrigerator.

" 'm bored and decided to annoy you" i answered while looking for the remote of the tv, "you're already annoying me" he said with sarcasm and gulped on his water.

i finally found the remote and opened the tv, it was in a news channel, and i didn't bother to change it.

"oh by the way i purchased a book in a bookstore— obviously, nearby" i said, pulling put the newly purchased book out the paper bag it came with.