// 64. sunrise and her //

chapter song: apocalypse - cigarettes after sex

our two hour rent has came to an end, i thanked all the staffs that had stayed with us just to make this woman right here happy. "hey" gabby called, tilting her head at me, her lips turning into a slight pout, "hmm? why love?" i gazed at her, she gently held my hand and rested it on her cheeks while stroking it with her thumb.

"thank you for tonight, for renting the whole place just for me to enjoy" her eyes were sparkling, tears were starting to form on her eyes, "you're tearing up again darling, i'm pleased that it made you happy as it was supposed to." i leaned over and kissed the tip of her nose, "i-it's just, nobody has ever gone their way to do those things for me—i just feel really special at the moment" she laughed it off and wiped her tears, "baby, you're special and i want for you to think that because that's the truth"

i stared at her, she still looks pretty even when she's crying—but i love it more when she's not. "come on i'll take you home" i said and woke the engines, accelerating the tires and began driving our journey to a perfect place to talk which was climbing their house roof and maybe...—no no it's not what you're thinking—watch the sunrise if we don't feel like sleeping and or resting in bed yet.

we reached their residence by 11:53–seven minutes until twelve, which means it'll be the second day of my three days here and also means i have to leave again and be away from her. i parked her car in their house garage and hastily and gently dragged her to the backyard and find a ladder to climb on to the roof. "does your father have any ladder?" i asked gabby while looking around to find one, "yeah...he has. do you have to use it?" she was clueless of why i was asking her for a ladder, "yes, we're gonna climb your roof" i said with a proud smile, she nodded and went somewhere—probably to get what i was looking for.

"matty" she yelled in a whisper tone, i went towards her and helped her with carrying the big ole stairs and positioned it under the edge of the roof, "you go first darling, i'm gonna hold the ladder just in case it gets wobbly and i'll be able to catch you" i held the metal ladder, then she started to climb with no hindrance, eventually reaching the roof with success. it was my turn to go up now, gabby was waiting for me up there and her hand was ready for me to grab on, i grunted as i sat on the nice and kind of rough roof which was good so that it won't be slippery.

we sat on the more flat surface of the house room to be more comfortable, her back was resting on mine as her head was on my right shoulder. "you smell really good" i breathed her scent, letting it fill my nose and enter my nostrils, "i always smell good" she grinned and said with much confidence. "yes darling, i agree you do really smell nice everyday. i'm willing drown in your perfume" i laughed and tried to gazed at her but it made my eye hurt a little.

we stayed silent for a moment, just enjoying each other's presence and company. we could sit here for hours without saying anything and we'd still have a lot of fun, the feeling was calm and quiet—whenever she's with me, i'm at peace because she is my home. she is my silent sanctuary where i feel safe, loved, appreciated and known.

peace and love is wherever she is, if a pillow was in a human form it'll be definitely her as pillows are often used for comfort, you even cry on your bed—soaking your soft pillows, and embrace it when no one does it for you. she is my comfort. then she shifted her position, and sat beside me while gently grabbed my hands and rested it face up on her thighs, then started to brushed her fingertips against the skin of my palms, "you know, i love tracing the lines in your palm. it's...distracting and also makes me feel relaxed." so that explains why she seems to do it often.

i've been noticing that too, and i always thought that she was just bored and had nothing to do. but turns out she had a much adorable reason for doing it, i tilted my head up the sky and admired the moon and stars that were still shining, and owning their moment up the black void. "the moon looks beautiful, isn't it?" she said, i gazed at her as she was staring at the beautiful moon and stars above us, "i definitely agree, but you know..." i paused and smiled at something i thought of.