// 24. the show //

(28 august, year 2016)

it's been a six months since we released our second studio album, to be honest i was really not expecting a lot of people to even try and check it out, — well i was expecting a half large a number, but i was not expecting A LOT — 'm telling you the album was doing great in terms of sales and charts.

we already reached like top 5 of billboard 200, peak position number 1 of canadian albums and the list goes on.

it was really overwhelming, lots of people were tweeting about us on twitter. many more fans are starting to come in our fanbase, we blew up over a course of a month.

the band's socials had already grew it's followers, it was now at 730k and was still counting. we also created an individual account, with over 200k people following each members, and there were tons of messages we received like every minute.

just them telling how much they adore us, george was enjoying it. we felt love and appreciated, it's been great, our craft we're finally reaching different parts of the world.

we were blowing up, it's surreal.

adam often slaps himself, to see if this was a dream, but of course it's not. ross doesn't even want to wake up if ever this was really a good dream, who wouldn't? i wouldn't either.

we're currently living the life we dreamed of having since we were in highschool.

it was sunday, 28th of august, we were gonna perform on the reading festival 2016, things will take place at little john's farm on richfield avenue, in england. we were one of the performers under nme/bbc radio 1 stage for the the last day of the festival.

it's a privilege to perform at such a big festival with other amazing and talented bands and artists, having the same goal as ours which was to change things with music, inspire people around the globe.

"you ready?" ross asked us, with was already the time to start our set, i wiggled my hand and shook my head with speed. trying to remove all the anxiety in my body.

fans and people were already screaming their lungs out — waiting for us to appear in front of them.

"everybody get ready we're going on the stage!!" the staff shouted, i equipped my in-ear monitor and looked at adam's way and he was also looking at me.

he did one stiff nod telling me we're ready, and i returned the nod. "come let's get it" ross said and stepped out then us followed after.

loads of people started to freak out and screamed, i got my guitar and went in front of the microphone.

"one, two, and one, two, three, cue" the person in the in-ear monitor counted, signaling us to finally play.

then the music blast loudly, making the people jump and cheer for us.

"hey! would you
like to
look outside sometimes?
no!"

i started of, the crowd were singing along — mostly screaming. we were doing our song 'love me' that is one of the tracks of our new album.

"i'm just with my friends online
and there's things we'd like to change! (yeah)
next thing you'll find you're
reading about yourself on a plane (fame!)
what a shame!"

they were really getting into it, "ohh! well, just keep looking! looking! looking! looking!"

i screamed and ran a hand through my hair, then looked at george that was focused on his drum kit. and i looked ross' way that was already looking at me, he winked and that made me laughed.