// 55. mrs. healy //

"you're having dinner with denise tonight?" mum looked so delighted and sat down the edge of my bed, i flipped through the pages of the book i was reading and glanced at mum. "yeah, she wanted to see me" she smiled and nodded, "i actually met her last week, all we talked about was—aside from our current lives and you both—was plants, which was fun" mum let out a soft chuckle, denise and mum loves plants so much. that's one of the things they have in common, which i found really interesting.

matty also is into plants, but not like how his mum is into, he's more of an art-y and music person. he likes collecting stuffs that looked antique, he kinda draw and paint—which i envy, while me..i just like books.

"you already have an outfit to wear?" mum searched through my closet,—hoping to find the clothes i was gonna wear— i hummed and put the book on the bedside table and sat up. "i already have, its hanging on the closet door" i giggled as i pointed the outfit that was hung over at the closet door, "oh this is nice, chic—i like it" she traced her fingertips on the fabric and walked towards me.

"amelia!" i heard dad called from downstairs, mum immediately tilted her head out the door and stood up, "what? i'm coming!" mum yelled and strutted out the door. "gotta go sweetie" mum waved and went downstairs, they were gonna go out to see some family friends, these two always has an agenda and doesn't even bother to tag me along.

i chuckled, well at least they're having fun together, don't mind me, i'm also having fun alone—well with matty i mean. i stared at the ceiling for a minute and thought deep about life and had a bit of realizations, i sighed at the thought of my parents are slowly getting older and wanted to witness my marriage so badly.

but they'll have to wait, it's still early for that, i stood up and threw on my slippers and went straight downstairs and to the kitchen to munch on some sandwich my dad made me for breakfast.

then my phone rang, flashing ross' name on the caller id—i hastily fetched my phone and answered, "what's up?" i said on the phone. it took quite awhile before ross spoke, "oh sorry—ah-sto—oh my god" he was getting cut off on the line, which made me baffled, he must've called me by accident. but i still waited just in case he had to say something, "my apologies, matty was fooling around—i accidentally called you" i heard matty's giggle on the other side of the phone, "is that gabby? hello darling!" i heard him called out to me, i cackled and replied, "hello" i said with a soft voice.

"do you want to talk to matty?" ross asked and i heard matty chanting a 'yes' over and over, "i'm fine, i have something to do" i refused—not because i did not want to talk to him, but i just wanted to tease matty— and i heard matty grunted, "he's sad" ross laughed on the phone which satisfied me, "as he should be" i chuckled.

then after minutes of being on the phone, we bid goodbyes and ended the call. i glanced on the window to see a very bright sun up in the sky, its light going through my window—lighting up the whole room, giving it life. then i heard a noise downstairs, i frowned at the sound—no one was with me, mum and dad left and i was the only one in here.

it's impossible that someone's here since i did not invite anyone over, i was absolutely baffled and at the same time nervous—is somebody here and broke in to rob me? i walked with carefulness, not wanting to make any sounds in here, my feet quietly stepping on the wood floor. and held the door frame and took a peak downstairs, no one can be seen, so i carefully stepped down the stairs with caution.

and went straight to the kitchen to grab something i can use to defend myself if ever someone was really here. i searched the whole house but i found nothing, it made me feel relieved but was still anxious.

then i thought that it must've been just the air or something, just to make myself not go ballistic. maybe i watched too much creepy films that i imagine it happening to me, yeah that must be it.