// 62. top of the world //

gabby said that i should be already gone once she wake up, but look at where i am now—i was having breakfast with her family. "so son, how's working in new york?" gabby's stepdad asked me while taking a sip of his hot coffee, "working in new york's been really great, and exhausting—because we mostly spend our time and day in the studio, finishing up some projects." i responded, i find it really adorable and delightful how gabby's parents calls me 'son'.

and how i call them by mum and dad and not the formal 'mrs.' and 'mr.', it was the first day of my three day stay here in manchester before i leave again to return to new york. working there was exciting since i've been recording some of the tracks for our new upcoming album, and some of the songs were inspired or may i say is about gabby.

she's been inspiring me to write a lot of good tunes, i've never been more inspired—writing about her was really soothing and calming. we already released some of the tracks for this year's album last year, and people were hyped up and anticipating the new releases, which was overwhelming to be honest.

"i didn't even know you came, when did you get here?" gabby's mum asked me, of course she would—as i said no one has expected my arrival since it was a impulsive decision i had made last minute. "i got here last night, it was tiring" i chuckled and took a bite of my pancake, "are you staying in a hotel?" she asked once again, i nodded as an answer, "y'know my daughter right here, has missed you a lot—she's been talking a lot about you and how she misse—" gabby's dad got cut off when gabby shushed him, not wanting for it to be spilled, and let me know.

"okay okay" his dad mumbled and did a 'i'll zip my mouth shut' gesture with his fingers, zipping up his mouth with an imaginary zipper. mrs. partridge laughed—well, if you're wondering why i kept addressing my girlfriend's mum as her past husband's surname, gabby told me that she and her mother decided to keep their old surname serving as a respect and love for mr. partridge.

and mr. sprouse, which is gabby's current father figure and mrs. partridge husband—was totally okay with it and had no issues of them not changing their surname.

"thank you for the breakfast gabby, me and your father will go outside and take a walk. i feel like my knees are rusting from not talking a morning walk." mrs. partridge laughed and stood up, as well as mr. sprouse who was ready to go outside. "yeah no problem mum, sure you both go" gabby replied with a smile on her face, then the two exited the scene—leaving me and gabby in the house.

gabby's hand made its way to my thighs, and patted it gently before drawing imaginary circles in it. "so, you're gonna return to your hotel room?" she gazed at me and slightly raised a brow, i gave her a nod and stared deeply into her eyes. "i know i'm pretty, you don't have to be obvious—you're drooling" she pretended to wipe a drool on the side of my lips and snorted.

"glad you know that" i said and gave her a flirtatious wink, that made her roll her eyes. "get out, i'm gonna clean this" she put her palm on my face, which i took off and kissed it before standing up and helped her take the plates in the sink. "i'm gonna wash this" i insisted but she refused, "you don't have to" she argued—she really wanted to do it but i was not gonna let her since she already cooked breakfast for us.

"no" i disagreed, "yes" she fought back. then the yes and no saga began, we were doing that for like 30 seconds now, so i decided i have to supress it. "ye—" she didn't had the chance to finish when i kissed her lips, her eyes went big totally was not expecting it. "i win" i took the stacked plates and put it into the sink and began washing it.

"by the way, are you wearing a chapstick or something? your lips tastes good" i teased, but it was true though—it tasted really sweet. "y-yeah...i am" she stuttered, she was definitely shy as i can sense it. bet she's turning into a tomato now, i slight shook my head and grinned—proceeding to wash the little amount of dishes in the sink, i can finish this in no time.