38- the absolute worse

I was trying to breathe but I can't

I was trying to breathe but I can't. Leo is hugging me but I can't. I push him away, I remove the things that are attached to my hand. I hear voices but I don't understand what they are saying.

I just watched myself being raped.

This is too much. This is why I don't sleep. I can't sleep. I will never sleep again. I go to the balcony and I have this urge to just jump, not to die, I don't want to die, it's to feel free.

Free of everything. Free of myself. Free of my mind. Free of the voices. Free of the world. Just free.

I get a cigarette out of my bra not caring that my brothers are literally behind me and looking at me right now. I can't find my lighter. I search my bra even more and I can't find it.

As I was gonna turn around and ask my brothers for one. The lighter falls on the ground from under my shirt. I pick it up and light my cigarette.

I take a drag and blow the smoke, for a second it felt like I was blowing my problems.

That's what I do. I blow my problems then transform them into blood by cutting myself.

I take a second drag, third, fourth. I am breathing again.

But it's not enough. I take another cigarette and smoke it.

Finally I gained back some control. Not really but at least I am breathing.

I sit down on the floor and sigh closing my eyes. "I just had the worst nightmare of my entire life. The absolute worse."

I pull out another cigarette and light it, take a drag. "It was like I was in my memory. I was watching myself. And I couldn't do a thing. I was watching myself being... abused and I couldn't do a thing. I yelled for her- for Marissa to just shoot his head. She didn't hear me because she was me from the past. I watched it all. All that happened to me, it was live in front of me."

Matteo sat next to me on the floor, took my cigarette, took a drag and gave it back to me. Sandro sat in front of us.

"You know... I am past what happened to me but is my mind gonna keep reminding me of it? Like can't I just forget it? Because it's getting tiring. I am getting tired and I want a tattoo." I said as I threw my cigarette out of the balcony. I hope it doesn't fall on someone's hair and they get on fire and die. Let's hope it falls peacefully on the ground.

"Oh well that was... I don't know what that was. You were talking about something then you were talking about something else that isn't related at all." Sandro said confused.

I get up and stretch. "Honestly Sandro, my life is too fucked up so I need to stop being dramatic."

I don't think anyone in this world has the same mood swings I have. My mood swings are too much.

I know I am not being dramatic. That nightmare was fucking traumatising and I am traumatised but I am tired of crying in front of my brothers and I am done showing weakness.