37- used the word happier

"What is it doctor?" Lorenzo asked

"Don't worry she's totally fine." The doctor smiles at us and I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding.

"Then why did she faint?" Leo asked.

"She's pregnant." The doctor sai-

"WHAT?!" All of us exclaimed in sync. All of us, even Lorenzo.

"No I am kidding." The doctor said chuckling.

The doctor thinks he's funny. The doctor will die after he tells us what's really wrong with our little sister.

"Doc, I don't think this is the time for your humourless jokes. Do your job or this will be your last day doing it." Lorenzo threatened.

I see Antonio trying to get to him to probably just beat him up but Sandro stops him.

"Sorry. So the real reason is that her body is totally exhausted, it looks like she hasn't eaten anything for a week, she also doesn't sleep enough or even at all. Looking at her medical tests I can detect that there's a high quantity of nicotine in her blood. Smoking that much at such a young age is definitely bad. So her body gave out. Who's her legal guardian?" The doctor asked.

"I am her legal guardian." Lorenzo responded.

"She needs special treatment for now. Make sure that she eats three meals a day or even four and that she sleeps 8 hours. I am gonna give her some vitamins and I hope she gets better and she will if she does as I say." The doctor said giving us a smile.

"Thanks doc. Just never joke again." Lorenzo glared at him.

"One more thing..." the doctor continued. "We found some cuts on her forearm. They look like self harm..."

Oh.

She harms herself too.

That really hurts. Is this how my brothers felt when I told them that I self harm? Because this feeling is horrible.

I just know that Lorenzo will be devastated because he will think it's his fault.

The doctor gave us one last smile then left.

I don't even feel angry anymore that she smokes.

After a moment of just silence, Lorenzo started walking towards Marissa. He took her arm and lifted her hospital's gown's sleeve to reveal... the scars. I get closer to her to see them.