She blinked away her worry and grabbed the book, "Okay."  

The young woman quickly skimmed through the paragraphs and flipped through the pages of the book. Before long she finally found what she was looking for, "Is this it?" she held the book up to Alucard. 

"I believe it is," he grabbed the tome from her hands and used his nails to carve the symbols into the wood.

Thud!

Y/N looked up in worry, "It seems like they broke through." 

"Belmont will handle it," Alucard commented passively as he dusted off the wood, "It's done." 

Alucard focused on the mirror and it rippled once more to change into the image of Dracula's castle. 

Y/N looked over at Sypha, "How is the locking spell coming along?"

The scholar remained silent before lifting her head with a smile, "I finished." 

"Good," she looked between Sypha and Alucard, "I'm going to go help, Trevor." 

Sypha's smile faded and she bit her lip, "Are you sure? It's very dangerous out there."

Y/N frowned at the woman, "Why shouldn't I be sure?" 

"You haven't fought many night creatures," Alucard chimed in, "Getting extremely injured is a viable option." 

"Well, I'm not going to get hurt," her lips settled in a hard line.

Sypha placed her hand on the other woman's arm and looked at her in genuine concern, "Maybe Trevor asked you to stay here for a reason." 

Y/N shrugged off the hand, "I'm going to help Trevor. You both have it covered down here and I see no reason for me to be here if I'm not contributing anything."  

She swiftly turned around and began to make her way to the entrance, the sound of clanging metal and sharp grunts of pain getting louder as she drew closer. 

Y/N appreciated Sypha and Alucard's concern but she refused to be looked at as a liability. She wasn't doing anything by standing down there and watching the two work. She had a greater chance at helping if she was holding the creatures back with Trevor. 

The young woman did not doubt in her mind that Trevor wanted her to stay away from the fight but she couldn't stand to be useless. The entire trip she had done virtually nothing.

The helpless feeling clawed at her chest and her mind. It reminded her of a few weeks ago. Locked in a cage with no escape, she didn't have what it took to save herself. 

If she didn't use this journey as an opportunity to better herself then she was as good as dead. 

🧭

The ground shook and the sound of metal clanged loud in the air. Her heart pounded in her ears like a hammer slamming against nails. 

Trevor had looked at her in confusion when she had arrived. He was understandably upset but when she made it clear that she wasn't going he had begrudgingly accepted it. 

That lead her to now, swiping at the ankles of the tall creatures while Trevor went for the killing shot. 

They worked well together in unison, effectively taking out the night creatures. 

A large burly grey monster charged at her. She ran to it and at the last second, she slid between its legs and dragged her hand against its ankle, turning the limb into water.

She looked back at the creature with a victorious smile as it crumple down on one leg. Trevor slashed at the creature's chest as the monster flayed its arms around.