Love Of My Life (Boyfriend!Tom x Reader)

Y/n stared at her reflection in the mirror, the black jumpsuit fitting perfectly against her skin as she observed herself. It had deep pockets that worked perfectly for her as she paced around the room, trying not to sweat.

Hearing a soft knock on the door brought her back to reality and she was quick to answer.

"I'm almost ready, Tommy," She said, trying to gather all of her thoughts together and picking up her purse from the dresser.

"Ok, love, take your time," Tom said from the other side of their bedroom door. She heard him shuffle away, Tessa's soft pitter-patter from her paws sounding throughout the quiet house as she followed her favourite human.

Walking over to her side of their shared bed, she opened the side table drawer. It wasn't particularly big but enough to hold a few of her belongings. She carefully pulled out a little black box, opening it once more to gaze at the small piece of jewellery inside.

It was a silver ring, perfectly round and quite simply, apart from the five red diamonds in the centre, representing the five years that Tom and Y/n had been together. Slipping the box carefully into her purse, she made her way downstairs to her waiting boyfriend.

He was sitting on the couch, rubbing Tessa's belly as she happily laid on his lap. She looked up as Y/n walked into the room, quickly abandoning his lap and rushing over to the woman.

"Hello baby," Y/n whispered in a baby voice, kneeling down to the ground as Tessa tried to lick her face.

"You look beautiful, my love,"

"You don't look too bad yourself," Y/n said and Tom let out a laugh.

"I'll be glad we got our own room, otherwise I'd be staring down everyone who looked your way," He smirked and Y/n rolled her eyes.

"How do you know it wouldn't be me staring everyone down?" She asked, matching his playful smirk as the couple walked out the door, it locked quietly behind them as they walked hand in hand to her car.

-

Time seemed to move incredibly slow. There was no clock on any wall in the 5-star restaurant but Y/n could still hear the steady ticking of the clock in her head. She had promised herself that she would make her move as soon as the clock struck eight in the courtyard outside.

Tom had already asked multiple times if everything was alright with her and Y/n had replied the same every time.

"I'm fine, Tommy," She said, her voice shaking as she tried to give him a confident smile. He nodded, eyeing her with worry in his eyes but continued to talk about the latest funny story that happened on the set of his new movie.

The couple had complete privacy from the other customers, a small room that was only ever interrupted by the waiter bringing the food and drinks. Y/n felt like she needed the strongest drink to calm her nerves but instead chose only water, not wanting to accidentally drink too much and ruin the night.

She had purposefully chosen everything. From the restaurant to her clothes, to the food she ordered, wanting tonight to be perfect for her loving boyfriend. The plan had been to go out to eat and then go see a drive-in movie.

Halfway through Tom's story, Y/n heard it, the eight chimes of the courtyard clock playing through the restaurant like a symphony in her head. Adrenaline rushed through her body as she nervously waited for Tom to finish his story. He ended it quickly, laughing to himself at the memory of Jacob pranking the director. Y/n tried to let out a convincing laugh but it came more as an anxious giggle.

The waiter came in and cleared the table, Y/n whispered a polite thank you as they were left alone in comfortable silence.

"Tom..." she started unsure of where to begin and what to say.

"Y/n," Tom countered, eyeing her somewhat nervously as she tried to subtly take deep breaths.

"I have something I wanted to tell you, actually ask you," Nervously, y/n stood up. Tom looked his girlfriend up and down, basking in the gorgeous beauty before concentrating on the anxious look plastered across her face.

"I'm listening," He said, giving her a comforting smile as she reached in her pocket.

"Tommy, I never thought in a million years that someone could make me as happy as you have the past five years. You are the kindest, most gentle human being I have ever known and I love seeing you smile and hear your laugh," Y/n paused for a moment to take in the heavenly smile that grew on his face. "But the best part of loving you is being able to feel relaxed around you and be me. Now I'm asking you if we can spend the rest of our lives together. So...will you marry me?" Y/n knelt to the ground, opening the small black box as she waited in trepidation for his answer.

Tom slowly stood up and Y/n took a sharp breath as he knelt down equal to her.

"Y/n L/n...I would love nothing more than to marry you," He said, and tears started to flow down Y/n's cheeks as well.

"Really?" She asked, almost in a whisper and Tom let out a laugh.

"Of course, my love!" He said and Y/n hurriedly took the ring out of the box and slipped it onto his ring finger.

Tom helped Y/ up from the floor, admiring his new ring as they sat back in their seats. The waiter came a few minutes later, explaining how their dinner was on the house, in celebration of the couple's good news.

On their way out, Tom pulled Y/n close to him.

"Let's go home instead of the movie," He whispered into her ear.

"And do what?" She asked as he led her to the car.

"I have a better idea of how we should celebrate."