Episode 55: A Big Change

It's been 2 months since Sulley and Tylor got married.

Sulley got up early in the morning while Tylor was still sleeping next to him. I never get tired of waking up to look at this handsome face every morning! Sulley thought as he gently kissed Tylor on the cheek. Tylor continued to snooze even after Sulley kissed him. Sulley mellowly watched him sleep until he had a great idea to make him a better husband.

I should cook breakfast this time! Sulley happily walked downstairs, marched into the kitchen, and took out eggs, bacon, and bread from the refrigerator. Tylor always cooks breakfast for me, so it'd be nice if I make breakfast once in a while! Surely, this will make Tylor happy!

Sulley turned the stove on and placed the frying pan on top of it. Sulley dropped bits of water on the pan to see how hot the frying pan is. When the water started to sizzle and evaporate, Sulley covered the frying pan with bacon.

After being done with the bacon, he placed them on a separate plate and cooked eggs on the same frying pan. Finally, he placed slices of bread in the toaster to toast some pieces of perfectly roasted toast. As he placed forks and knives on the table, he imagined Tylor being so happy:

"Oh my goodness! Did you cook breakfast for me?" Tylor would ask.

"I figured, I would do something since I woke up earlier than you," Sulley would say as he would scratch his head.

"Oh, you're the best husband ever!" Tylor would say as he hugs him and gives him a morning kiss.

While Sulley was preparing breakfast, Tylor woke up. As he rose up from the bed, he felt a little dizzy and his chest felt very stuffy. "Wha... what is this feeling...?" Tylor asked himself as he exited the blanket and stepped out of the bedroom.

When he saw Tylor walking down the stairs, he was excited to receive compliments from him.

"Good morning, my love," Sulley greeted excitedly as he went to go hug him.

"Good morning..." Tylor greeted as he had a bit of pain in his head and his chest.

"Is everything all right?" Sulley asked in concern as he dropped his arms.

"I don't feel well this morning," Tylor confessed weakly. "I feel a little light-headed, and my chest feels... stuffed, I should say?"

"Why don't you take a sick day today?" Sulley suggested. "And if this continues, we'll go see a doctor."

"Sounds good," Tylor smiled feebly. "And, did you cook breakfast?"

"Yeah, are you able to eat?" Sulley asked as he placed his hand on his shoulder. 

"I don't know..." Tylor said as he placed his fingers over his lips. "I really have no appetite right now, but if I'm hungry later, I'll have some."

"Good idea," Sulley said understandingly. "Don't push yourself, all right? Call me if you need anything and I'll come straight home."

"All right, thanks," Tylor said. "Thank you, though," Tylor said as he kissed Sulley on the cheek. Sulley smiled joyfully.

"I'm gonna go to work now," Sulley said at the door. "Call me if you need anything, all right? And I'll be right there."

"See you after work, then," Tylor said.

"Take it easy." Sulley kissed Tylor on the lips before he left.

After Sulley left, Tylor went back to bed and covered his whole body with the blanket, including his face and his horns. 

When Sulley arrived at Monsters Inc., the first thing he did was to talk to Val about Tylor's absence. Val was working on the paperwork on Tylor's desk so that she can get prepared for the day. "Hey, Val," Sulley said as he arrived at Tylor's desk.