Episode 44: Earthquake at Monstropolis

Sulley has just ended the semester, so they had plenty of time to go out together for a date and to celebrate the end of the semester. After the final, because he finished the final quite early, he quickly headed somewhere in secret before heading over to Monsters Inc. 

He went to the city hall, to make a certain request. "Hello, how can I help you?" 

"Hello, I'm here to make a special request on... marriage..." Sulley said. 

"That's the first," the worker said. "What type of request?" 

"I would like to request that... two monsters of the same gender... should be able to get married," Sulley said. 

The worker looked at him, a little confused, but he did recognize that he was the CEO of Monsters Inc. after the talk show, so he allowed him to fill out the paper to make a request. The mayor decided to meet him as it was a request that the city council never heard of the request before. 

"May I ask why you are making this request?" the mayor asked.

"Because there is a monster I want to marry," Sulley answered.

"I see," the mayor said. He didn't understand why, but because Sulley led the major power source in Monsters Inc., he decided to allow it. 

"Who is the monster that you're going to marry, if I may ask?" the mayor asked.

"A monster named Tylor Tuskmon. He is the top 5 Jokester at Monsters Inc.," Sulley answered.

"Oh, him! My son wants to become a Jokester, and he was so moved by his speech," the mayor said. "All right, we'll let you two get married and be legally recognized as a married couple in Monstropolis." 

"Please allow it for the other monsters too," Sulley said. "You remember when you married your wife. You must've loved her and would do anything to marry her. What about your children? What if they end up liking the same gender? Please put those into consideration and have Monstropolis, and hopefully, everywhere allow two monsters of the same gender to get married."

The mayor thought about it. "You're right. I'll definitely persuade the city council."

"Thank you so much," Sulley said as he shook the mayor's hand. 

Next, he headed to the jewelry shop. He opened the door to the jewelry shop to get some consultation. 

"Hello, welcome. What can I do for you today?" the jewelry shop worker asked. 

"Hello," Sulley greeted back. "I'm here to buy a set of wedding rings."

"Oh! Are you going to propose?" she asked. 

"Yes, after being in a relationship for more than a year now, I finally settled to spend my life with that monster for the rest of my life," Sulley said. 

"Well, isn't that sweet," the jewelry shop worker said. "What specific jewelry would you like on the ring?" 

"Hmm..." Sulley wondered. "I was wondering if you can..." Sulley requested something and the jewelry shop worker agreed to do so. 

********

A week later, the Monstropolis Horn announced a new law with a large headline: "TWO MONSTERS OF THE SAME GENDER ALLOWED TO GET MARRIED. EFFECTIVE TODAY." Don always read the paper, so he quickly ran to Tylor to tell him the big news. 

"Tylor! Tylor!" Don excitedly called as he ran towards him, but as he ran, he ran out of breath and coughed violently as he choked on his own fatigue, so Tylor ran up to him instead. 

"Don, what is it?" Tylor asked as he arrived. 

"Look... at the... paper... headline...!" Don spoke between his heavy pant.