Episode 4: One Drowsy Monster

Tylor couldn't sleep. His eyes were open all night, and he had bags under his eyes. Oh, great... Tylor thought as the rays of sunshine hit him in the eyes. I didn't get a blink of sleep... hope I don't fall asleep on the Laugh Floor... He crawled out of bed and headed to the bathroom, washed his face, and headed down to the kitchen to have breakfast with his parents. 

"Good morning, knucklehead!" Bernard, Tylor's father, greeted as he was reading a newspaper while sipping his coffee.  

"How's my little baby behemoth?" Millie, Tylor's mother, greeted as she gently placed the stench toast on the plate. 

"Good morning, mom and dad," Tylor greeted back. "I'm fine. Really."

"You sure about that, bud?" Bernard asked. "It seems you have bags under your eyes."

"Yes, sweetie, did you not get enough sleep last night?" Millie asked with the motherly concern filled in her voice. "It seems like you had a lot of paperwork last night."

"Yeah, I got it done, don't worry," Tylor said. 

"Anyways, here's your breakfast, honey," Millie said as she placed the plate down on Tylor's seat. 

"Thanks, mom," Tylor said as he sat down and grabbed his fork to start slicing his stench toast.

"Are you sure you'll be all right today?" Millie asked. 

"I stayed up late before when I was in college," Tylor said. "I'll be fine."

"If you say so," Millie said. 

"Should I drive you today, son?" Bernard asked.

"I'll walk. It'll wake me up," Tylor said. 

"If you say so," Bernard said. 

As he was still sleepy, his chewing was prolonged, and he even yawned before he swallowed his mouthful. He knew it would look disgusting, so he yawned as he covered his mouth with his hands. After a slow breakfast, Tylor went back to the bathroom to brush his teeth and comb his hair. He took extra care of his hair. Hopefully, Sulley thinks my hair looks good, he thought. Tylor did not want to stop thinking about his feelings towards Sulley. He used some wax so that his hair stayed in place. He grabbed a cologne and wondered if he should put cologne on. I wonder if he will like it when I put odorant on, he thought as he tapped the odorant bottle with his finger. He shook his head and placed the cologne down. I don't want him to know that I'm trying too hard to catch his attention. I don't know what will happen if he realizes that I have a crush on him... He grabbed his paperwork and rushed out. "Bye, mom! Bye, dad!" 

"See you later, son!" Bernard said. 

"Be careful out there!" Millie said. 

Tylor deeply inhaled the stale morning air as he walked to Monsters Inc. and exhaled as he also released his morning voice along with it. What am I getting myself into...? Tylor asked himself as he looked at the bright yellowish-orange sunrise. What am I supposed to do now? I know I'm asking myself this a lot... but... I really don't know what I need to do besides hiding my feelings from him... 

After mindlessly walking, he arrived at Monsters Inc. He stared at the building for a moment, took a deep breath, and cracked his fingers before he unconfidently pushed the door open to go in. He headed to the locker room, placed his lunchbox nearest to the door, showing Sulley's image. It would be nice if your feelings were as same as mine, Sulley, Tylor thought. He placed his two fingers on his lips and put them on the lips of Sulley's image. When he closed the door, he made sure that no one else was with him. I should check my surroundings before I do that again, Tylor said as he silently exhaled out of relief. He grabbed his box of donuts and paperwork and headed to the Laugh Floor. Before he stepped into the Laugh Floor, he stopped by Roze to give her the paperwork that he had filled. "Hey, Roze, here is the paperwork. I hope I wasn't late," Tylor said as he placed the paperwork in front of Roze, who was reading a newspaper.